R7000 Web Interace failing

Bunky927
Aspirant

R7000 Web Interace failing

I've noticed that my web interface in my Nighthawk R7000 is periodically failing "Unanle to open webpage" from browser and via the app "Your Router is not supported". To fix this problem, I have to reboot the router. Is there a fix?

R7000
Firmware V1.0.5.70
Version 2.4.24
Message 1 of 14
vango07
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Web Interace failing

I am having the same problem. It started today and I tried to reset the router several times but I cannot access it. Genie says that the router is not found. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Message 2 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Try a factory reset to defaults and or a earlier FW version

@Bunky927 wrote:

Message 3 of 14
vango07
Aspirant

I already did the hard reset several times, and uninstalled Genie on all my devices. So a huge no-go, cannot find router and cannot access the router at all. I am able to use the net, but I cannot set up my networks and passwords. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The genie app has been known to cause problems, I consider it bloatware and do not use it.

A factory default reset done correctly and a Clean PC with IE and cache cleared should work, If not you're the exception and will have to get use to it or replace it.

Un-installing genie may or may not be enough if the device has a corrupted OS.

Message 5 of 14
vango07
Aspirant

Is there a way to reinstall the OS on it? I don't feel like spending a couple of hundred dollars on a new router. 

Message 6 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The os comment was directed toward the PC.

If you open a browser and type the gateway address what happens?

Message 7 of 14
vango07
Aspirant

Sorry brain is fried trying to figure this out. But I type in the router login and nothting. I type in the IP and same thing. I've done factory reset about 6 times now. I have also uninstalled Genie app on 2 different computers (1 desktop, 1 labtop) I am not able to access the router at all.

Message 8 of 14
Bunky927
Aspirant

When I power cycle mine, the web interface is available. But I guarantee after a few days, it will not be accessible again.
Message 9 of 14
Bunky927
Aspirant

From a browser I get "page not found". When I power cycle the router, I can access the web interface
Message 10 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

to both of your what FW versions

Kaspersky anti virus has been found to block connection to the r7000.....if you're using it DELETE it 

Message 11 of 14
vango07
Aspirant

I am using AVG pro. I recently switched to Grande internet, and I'm wondering if the new modem could be blocking it. 

Message 12 of 14
vango07
Aspirant

I've done that a ton of times and no luck so far. Still no wireless router access. 

Message 13 of 14
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Make sure to update the router's firmware. Please check the support site for firmwares.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30955

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements