Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 Wi-Fi speed dropped off 300%

crisismanager
Aspirant

R7000 Wi-Fi speed dropped off 300%

I have the luxury of a fiber optic connection which gives me almost 1000 Mbps up and down hard-wired and which WAS giving me around 400 Mbps up/down wireless as well, but now it's down to around 100Mbps up/down wireless - but hardwired still at original high rate.  My service is Giggle Fiber in Monrovia, CA, and they say it's a router issue because hardwire speed proves their end is OK.  Accessing wireless with Mac Air, iPhone, PC.  Wired with PC and iMac.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
crisismanager
Aspirant

I appreciate the question, but already solved my problem.  Didn't realize that I was, by default, logging into the slower 2.4 network and it has a 5.0 as well.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Did you reboot the router and see? All your WiFi security setting is latest WPA2-AES(TKIP)? Is there any change in signal lelvel from router?

Message 2 of 5
crisismanager
Aspirant

Yes to rebooting the router (hard restart) and modem, no change.   I don't know how to determine if it has the latest security setting, although I also installed the lastest firmware as part of my troubleshooting.  And how do I measure signal level from the router?  I'm an expert computer user - but not a techie, so baby terms would be appreciated! 🙂

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi crisismanager,

What is the firmware version of the router?

Is it on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz?

What is the link rate of your devices?

Message 4 of 5
crisismanager
Aspirant

I appreciate the question, but already solved my problem.  Didn't realize that I was, by default, logging into the slower 2.4 network and it has a 5.0 as well.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7