Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Wifi Router issues with devices connecting after Firmware Version 1.0.11.116 update

ethon
Aspirant

R7000 Wifi Router issues with devices connecting after Firmware Version 1.0.11.116 update

After updating to Firmware Version 1.0.11.116, my devices in my house will randomly disconnect from the Router.  I get logs on the device like my device was blocked due to security issues but if I reboot the router everything works again.  Been a daily event now if not more then one a day.  Not sure if it is with the Smart Connect feature or not because after I did the firmware update, I saw it turned off the Smart Connect feature and I had to turn it back on.  Most the devices that have issues are Roku's, Google Home, and Amazon Fire tablets that I beleive use the 2.4Ghz band.  Any ideas on why this may be happening after the update?

Thank you.

Eric

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 Wifi Router issues with devices connecting after Firmware Version 1.0.11.116 update

A couple things to try. 

1. anytime theres an issue after a firmware update, a reasonable first step is a factory reset and clean install (not from backup). In case an old setting is causing the issue. I'd try that first. 

2. if it doesn't help, you can rollback the firmware to an earlier version. If it worked great before, you could simply go back a version. 

3. If going back 1 version doesn't help, the version I'd recommend would be 1.0.9.42 for the r7000. 

Any firmware changes should be done over a hardwired connection for best results. 

Message 2 of 3
bascaves
Apprentice

Re: R7000 Wifi Router issues with devices connecting after Firmware Version 1.0.11.116 update

Hello,

Hmm not encourging again..... So I keep watching the Netgear community once more.

We all know the security issues and actually we should upgrade. The bad is that Netgear since 1.0.9.42  never delivered a good and trust firmware anymore for actually a great piece of h/w. You upgrade, you pray that your R7000 doesn't brick. You downgrade again. Spending hours and hours plus frustration.

But if the ones that dare or the innocent ones report that 1.0.11.116  is the first next good release after 1.0.9.42

.... I even might find the courage again.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7