Re: R7000 Wrong Date/Time after firmware update

Hi JamesGL,

Please send me the timesync firmware

Message 52 of 62
Nikolay
Aspirant

Hi guys,

My issue is solved thanks to Netgear Support.

The engineers were great. Of course it took some time (like 3 months, due to my busy schedule), but with couple of remote sessions the engineers compiled the following firmware, which fixed my issue: V1.0.6.41_20160308_ntp_dbg

I hope Netger will fix the issue in the next official firmware release.

P.S. Special thanks to Rommel, Blanca and Janice from Netgear Support for you help!

Regards,

Nick

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 53 of 62
toka527
Aspirant

Hello, after contacting Netgear support, agreeing to beta, downloading and applying V1.0.5.49_20151208_timesync firmware which is the version I was provided, I now have the right time on my router, and am able to apply a schedule. Thank you very much to Netgear support, I appreciate your help.  Please be aware those of you with a similar issue that the latest firmware update did NOT fix this problem.  V1.0.5.49_20151208_timesync firmware is considered an earlier version.  I note that the firmware versions appear to all be different.

Message 54 of 62
bernietg
Aspirant

Same problem here, date shows jan 1 2015, how can I get a working update

Message 55 of 62
bernietg
Aspirant

17 views no answers. does netgear actually think I'm going to pay them for support on something they probably intentionally installed on my router. Their lack of making the fix avail. without jumping thru hoops shows me that I should look elsewhere in my next purchase.

Message 56 of 62
bernietg
Aspirant

are you serious. all these viewers and nobody knows how to get the V1.0.5.49_20151208_timesync firmware. does anyone from netgear look at this site. I want my timestamp to show a correct time and date, ya know like a properly functioning router should do. Like it used to before the latest update.

Message 57 of 62
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Please check my previous post. For this issue, please provide me your contact info via PM.

Message 58 of 62
bernietg
Aspirant

pm sent

Message 59 of 62
bernietg
Aspirant

recieved email,accepted agreement. but no file. said I need a dropbox acct. are you serious. I have no need or desire to open a dropbox acct. this is what I mean by, making your customers jump thru hoops. I want access to this file, download and install thru my own path. your firmware update created this and I want my router to function as it is suppose to. Is this file available or not, and why isnt it posted in a download site.

Message 60 of 62
madmoggies
Aspirant

I was sent a link by email to download the file straight from, back in May.

Message 61 of 62
JamesGL
Master

Hi bernietg,

The firmware is a beta one and is not available for download anywhere. You have given a copy for NDA which you have signed. 

Message 62 of 62
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7