Highlighted
Tutor

R7000 Xbox One Constant Disconnects

Hello, New to the Forums, and hoping someone can help me out, because I have spend countless hours trying to figure this out on my own, as well as e-mailing Netgear, and trying the phone support (What a Joke), only to get disconnected or make matters worse. For the record my ISP is Comcast, and I know that doesn't help.

I have 2 Netgear R7000's, one as a router, one as an AP. For the time being I'll just stick to the main router, because the issue persists when the AP is disconnected. I Have constant Disconnects on my X-Box One, all other devices continue to work perfectly fine, My Old D-Link was always fine so I know its not an Xbox Issue.

I have tried all the Netgear Support suggestions:
Changing Wireless channels, various on 2.4 and 5.0
Setup - Wan MTU Size 1500 to 1450
Wireless Settings (Fragmentation Length 2.4 and 5.0) 2346 to 2340
Messed Up all other Devices in House, nothing else was working right or the Xbox for that matter...

Then Everything I could Find Online....
Port Forwarding
Then deleting Port Forwarding and
Add X-Box as DMZ Server
Change Xbox from instant on to Energy Savings To Assign UPnP at boot
No Changes as a result of the above

So just tonight I found online about IPV6 Issues and Netgear with Comcast. I just disabled the IPV6, but haven't had too much time to test it, so I don't know if that's going to help, but my faith is low as I have tried so many other things.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Netgear-R700-IPv6-and-losing-internet-conne...

Has anyone else experienced similar issues and found a resolution, at this point I wish I could just return them both and start over, I thought I was upgrading, but wow, so many problems.
Message 1 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Xbox One Constant Disconnects

Reset the router to defaults, you don't need to change anything. I have an xbox 360, ps3, ps4, and a xbox one and I've never had an issue. Running the latest firmware. You don't need to disable anything. UPnP forwards the necessary ports. I can have all 3 of the 4 consoles online simultaneously, without issue.
Message 2 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor

I tried that, Nothing Works, The only thing that seems that I am getting somewhere is by disabling the IPV6, at least by doing that I have been able to stay connected for >20 minutes.

After the past 2 Hours on Hold/Disconnect/finally talking to someone at Netgear, all they will tell me is its not their problem its a Microsoft Problem, If I want to pay for their support they will tell me how to configure it so IPV6 will work again!?! These are both less than 2 months old, but too old to return by store policy.
Message 3 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

Running 2 xb1's with no issues.
Message 4 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor

I have tried Resetting to Default, It Does not work. The only thing working so far is to Disable the IPV6, that has at least left me online for my half hour test, my best so far...

After 2 Hours on the Phone with Netgear tonight, all she could tell me was its not their problem, its Microsoft, but if I want to pay for the premium service they can help get the IPV6 working.

Unbelievable, both of these units are less than 2 months old, and I have spent half that time trying to get them to work correctly, now they want $$ to fix them. I only wish the store policy was >14 days on returns. Lets hope the disabling IPV6 works, although its sad to pay all that money to get the latest tech, just to have to disable it. (I also had to disable WMM, and all the QoS, because connecting the AP when that was enabled Took my speeds down to <.5 Mbps Dow from >100) Not sure what that's all about either, no one could answer that.
Message 5 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor

With Comcast and IPV6, QOS, and WMM enabled?
Message 6 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor

OK, So I thought I might have had it, but Tonight it disconnected again in TitanFall, So I tried Halo and it seemed like it would work, then it got hung up and couldn't create the match. So I exited, checked the Multiplayer connection status and all was reading fine. I pressed all four top buttons to get the details, and all was well. 60Mb down, 6 Mb up, 0 Packet Loss, NAT Open, Behind Closed Cone.

I rebooted everything in order (Modem, Router, xBox), and everything is working at the moment. It seemed like everything worked fine for about 90 minutes after starting up the xBox. Any thoughts?
Message 7 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor

So After 50 Minutes of Play I was Booted Off Tonight.

I went to check Internet connection for Xbox and it said I was not connected to a network.

I checked the UPnP and my Xbox was not on the list, funny thing is neither was my hardwired Desktop.

The only thing that was shown on the list was my laptop, that is connected wirelessly to the other R7000 that is set up as an AP.

After about 5 minutes, the Xbox reconnected on its own as did my desktop, and both showed up on the UPnP list again, and everything is working as it should????

Settings During this were UPnP On

Disabled SIP: ALG

Enabled IPV6

Respond to Ping on Internet Port ON

IGMP proxying was disabled
Message 8 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

Well, wouldn't you know it I have been having the same issues, Sparky.Sadly, I do not come bearing any gifts of resolutions to the problems. I have tried everything as the problems first began back in early January. At the time, I had an R6250 router that was working beautifully. Of course I still had disconnects but they were few and very far between and only happened when my ISP was doing some work on their end.(I have a friend who gives me a heads up when they do so I'm not in the middle of something and lose progress)

I went and dropped $200 on the R7000 hoping that it was indeed the issue but while the Disconnects are not as frequent as they were before a week ago they are still too frequent for me to spend any decent time online.....

I have tried everything from resetting the router and Modem to restoring factory defaults on the router after having customized it to my settings. I've even had my ISP come out and look at their system here and assure me everything was A-OK on their end and mine. And while I don't like the idea of it, many forum topics I have seen have mentioned resetting the XB One to Factory defaults. I've had my One for almost a year now, I'll be damned if I let all my data go that easily.

Once I have the money, I plan on going to WalMart. They have a SeaGate 3TB external HDD for around 100 bucks. Once I get that set up I may just try the whole reset thing. Until then I suppose we will just have to scour the reaches of the internet for a solid answer and fix.

((Either reset or pick up what they call a "Powerline Adapter" to see if using it might fix(I have heard that it does fix it because it runs best on wired..... DUH we kinda already knew that.))
Message 9 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

If your using one of the comcast gateway's and not a standard modem, make sure to contact Comcast and have them set the gateway in bridged mode. I've heard of compatibility issues with those gateways and other routers.

I'm running a Motorola SB6120 and the R7000 with latest firmware.
Message 10 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor

Sledgehammer I'm sad to see you are experiencing the same issue, I have spent COUNTLESS hours trying to resolve this, and every time I think I have it.... it happens again. Seems to be no way to tell when it is about to happen.

What I was able to see last night when I got disconnected was that it would not let me back in the game, I checked the wireless on the Xbox, it said I was not connected to a network, I quickly went over to my hardwired desktop and logged into the router. I noticed that only one device was listed in the UPnP list, my laptop that is connected via the other R7000 that is set up as an AP. Both my Hardwired Desktop, and the wireless Xbox were NOT in the UPnP list, and they were prior to the disconnect.

I did NOT reset anything (Xbox, desktop, or Router) and within a couple minutes the Xbox reconnected to the router/Internet and I was able to play online as normal. I haven't heard of resetting the whole Xbox, but I certainly don't want to lose all progress for me and my 3 boys...

I don't recall having this issue with my old D-Link DIR-825. I guess I should have left well enough alone, but when I bought the first R7000 to be used as an AP, I was so happy with the range/performance I picked up a second one to replace the old D-Link (Thinking it was an upgrade) and that's when the disaster began.... I'm going to try a reset on the router, then if that doesn't work I'll try to connect the X-Box to the other R7000 (AP), and if that fails go back to the old D-Link and see what happens. Problem is there is never a set time, sometimes I get 2 hours out of it (but its usually only an hour or so) before it disconnects.

I am using my own purchased modem, just a modem, not router SB6121 I think.
Message 11 of 22
Highlighted
Tutor

I don't want to say it, for fear of something going wrong again.... However I did want to let everyone know thank you for the help, and I think that everything is finally fairly stable at this point. The last thing in a long list of attempts was Re-updating the firmware, and resetting the unit back to factory, and then putting all my settings back in. Its a pain, but it seemed to do the trick this time....
Message 12 of 22
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

if u are on the latest fw try goin back to the old fw V1.0.3.80_1.1.38 thats what worked for me all the newer fw drop xbox live and online webcam streams
Message 13 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

Sparky I have just recently begun experiencing all of these same issues with the realse of Halo 5. It seems to totally disconnect me during matchmaking and also disconnects all of my other devices causing me to reset the whole router. This happens over and over again. Have you found a solution yet???

Message 14 of 22
Highlighted
Master

Hi @Jon37025,

If you connect the Xbox directly to your modem, do you experience disconnection from the server?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 15 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi James,

No I do not. It works perfectly fine. The disconnects only happen with th router.

Thank you.
Message 16 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

Please help! Xbox One connection

Hey guys, 

Could yall help me get my xboxone and R7000 wifi router to have a better connection? I have Comcast xfinity with a motorolla surfboard. 

I can connect to xboxlive, but the connection is very unstable and often kicks me out of lobbies. I also am experiencing alot of lag in game lobbies. I have tried both battlefield 4 and halo 5 and both have very bad lag and often end up with me getting booted out of lobbies. xbox says that the nat is open and the connection is good but i still end up being kicked out every couple games. 

My router is fully updated. 

Any help would be appreciated. Also I am not a super tech person, so laymans terms would be appreciated. 

-A

Message 17 of 22
Highlighted
Master

Re: Please help! Xbox One connection

Hi All,

Can you try to load this beta firmware and see if it resolves it.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-firmware-v1-0-5-44-limited-release/m-p...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 18 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi James,

Same problems for months.  Can't access the firmware (insufficient privilege).  Can you help me?  I'm ready to test it.

thanks,

Message 19 of 22
Highlighted
Master

Hi Skip331?

What is the firmware version currently loaded on your router?

If you want a beta firmware, you can try the link below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/any-new-info-or-update-to-new-firmware/td-p/...

Message 20 of 22
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi James,

Firmware v1.0.3.4_1.1.2

ready to try anything that could actually work.  The Router is cutting the internet connection with Modem every 4hours or so.    Can't find any reason...  When I connect my system directly from modem, no problem. 

I mistype the router modem.  It's a R8000.  Is the link for beta firmware is still good?

Andre

Message 21 of 22
Highlighted
Master

Hi Skip331?

The beta firmware is for R7000.

Is the Xbox one connected via wired or wireless? If its wireless try to connect it wired and check the connection. Make sure ports are already open for the Xbox under port forwarding. UPnP should be enabled as well. If all those steps has been done, you may need to reset the router to factory default.

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements