Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 access to devices

R7000 access to devices

Quite  confused about devices attached to my router.

Whether in Basic or Advanced, "Attached Devices" shows 17. On both pages I have a link called "Access Control" which shows 33 devices. Within "Access Control" is a link called "View list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network" which contains 37 devices. 

I actually have 41 devices.  I can access, view, control (if allowed) 38 of them.

How do I view all devices under "Attached Devices?"  How do I connect to devices allowed, but not connected?

Secondly, under Attached Devices AND "Access Control" when I change the name of a device, it doesn't "stick."  How do I permanently change a device name?

Third, two of the attached devices are a Ubiquiti AP and a Netgear R6050 set as AP.  Each has a different name (SSID?) from the R7000.  Devices can attach to both APs (judging by SSID) and access the net, yet, neither appear on the list of Advanced Devices.  How can I tell if a device is actually attached to the AP or the R7000?

Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @required_alias, we'd like to know the following.

What is the firmware version of the R7000?

Have you tried managing the allowed/not allowed devices via the Device Manager option on the Nighthawk app?

Devices that are set to have a static IP sometimes do not show up on the attached devices list. Are any of your devices set that way?

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 3

V. 1.0.11.126_10.2.112 - "No updates available"

Nighthawk app?  No.  Logging in through browser  - all devices "Allowed."

Static IPs?  Yup, 10.Two of them show in "Attached Devices."

Bonus problem.  I have the R7000, R6050 as AP, Ubiquiti AP.

R7000 50 ghz now shows as "Hidden."  R7000 24ghz isn't hidden.  AFAIK, I've made no changes.  How do I "unhide" the 50ghz.

R6050 - apparently not hidden.  I can log on to it every time.

Ubiquiti - apparently not hidden.  I can log on to it every time.

Any way I can tell which of those 3 (R7000, R6050, Ubiquiti) a device is connected to?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7