Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 & DM200 Setup

Yamster2016
Aspirant

R7000 & DM200 Setup

Hi,

I have a R7000 and a DM200 and i am trying to set them up but having issues. When using my xbox one I am behind a port restricted NAT.

If I set the DM200 as a modem only I am unable to configure the ADSL settings. If I have the DM200 in modem & router i can configure the ADSL modem settings but then I have both the R7000 and DM200 as routers.

I could set the R7000 as an AP but then i do not have any of the benefit of the R7000

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
AndyTheAngel
Aspirant

Rif.: R7000 & DM200 Setup

Dear James,
I've manager the problem in that way, so probably that was causing the problem!
Anyway, I still don't understand how I can check or personalize the connection parameters like the VCI and VPI, or the MTU, if the R7000 don't have a settimo page for them and the modem in bridge mode is unconfigurable 😮

That's just an explanation question, my problem is solved now!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7000 & DM200 Setup

Hi Yamster2016,

You have to set one device as the router in order to limit the NAT restriction. Two routers in one network will have a double NATTing that Xbox will not be able to work. If you configure the DM200 to bridge mode, set the ADSL  setting on the R7000.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30773/~/how-to-set-dm200-into-bridge-(modem-only)-mode...

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20305/~/manual-configuration-of-a-router-for-dsl-inter...

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 10
Yamster2016
Aspirant

Thanks for getting back to me, the problem with the DM200 in bridge mode is i cant set the ADSL setting so i am getting odd gaming lag. I seem to be behind the game play.

Message 3 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi Yamster2016,

Have you tried configuring your DSL on the R7000 page?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi Yamster2016,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 10
AndyTheAngel
Aspirant

Dear James,

1. I'm having similar issues with same configuration: I have my "old" R7000 that should manage the internet connection served by the DM200 i've bought just some days ago. The problem is that I keep the DM200 in router mode then the LAN sees two routers: the DM200 and the R7000.
    Instead, I'd like to use the DM200 just as an ADSL modem, and connect it to the wan port of the R7000 that will manage the entire LAN and wifi network.
    The problem is that once I've put the DM200 in MODEM ONLY (Bridge) the R7000 is not able to see the internet connection anymore!!
    And on the router I don't have the same options to configure the ADSL (I don't have any place where to write the VCI and VPC values, for example, they were available just on the DM200, but once it is on MODEM ONLY mode I don't have any access to the parameters!)

So I am still not able to let the Nighthawk see the internet connection from the DM200 once I've put it in bridge mode, even following the instructions from the KB you have linked here... For example I don't have any login from my ISP, they just given me the VCI and VPC parameters, and told me to use dynamic IP and DNS...

Can you help me in some way?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi AndyTheAngel,

My I know who is your ISP? 

Message 7 of 10
AndyTheAngel
Aspirant

Hi James,
my ISP is Fastweb. And maybe I've found out the problem: they use an authorization system based on the mac address of the device connected to the adsl Port, and when I use the modem in bridge mode they see directly the R7000 as a connected device, so I need to ask them to authorize it. If I disconnect the router and connect the modem in router mode again, I need to authorize it again as it has a different mac address.
Do you think this could be the problem? Because now everything seems to be working, but every time I chage the connection I see the problem between the Dm200 and the R7000 again...
Message 8 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Re: Rif.: R7000 & DM200 Setup

Hi AndyTheAngel,

That could be the problem since their system only recognize one MAC address. They have to changed it to R7000's MAC address in order to let the R7000 manage the connection and have the DM200 go on bridge mode.

Message 9 of 10
AndyTheAngel
Aspirant

Dear James,
I've manager the problem in that way, so probably that was causing the problem!
Anyway, I still don't understand how I can check or personalize the connection parameters like the VCI and VPI, or the MTU, if the R7000 don't have a settimo page for them and the modem in bridge mode is unconfigurable 😮

That's just an explanation question, my problem is solved now!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7