Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 and PS4

Falconfe73
Aspirant

R7000 and PS4

Hi,

I have R7000 and PS4 and I have continuous disconnection of the PS4 from the PSN Network.
I tried to activate UPNP for port forwarding and I tried to put PS4 IP address in DMZ without success.
I can play for no more than 5 minutes; after this period of time I get disconnected from the PSN network.
If I use my old router (Asus RT-N66U with PS4 in DMZ or with UPNP activated) I have no problems.
Can anyone suggest me a solution?
Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 27

Accepted Solutions
Falconfe73
Aspirant

Re: R7000 and PS4

After some hours of playing it seems that the problems is solved. At the end I think it was a ps4 fault, in the sense that if you don't reset the net setup when you change the router probably ps4 "rember" something of the old router and the connection became instable.
I still have hour and date problem, yesterday I contacted netgear support but the solutions they suggested me didn't solve the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 27

All Replies
eXR3
Novice

Welcome to the forum first of all.

-What firmware are you using? I am on the latest official firmware 1.0.2.94.1.0.15
-Is QOS enabled? I recommend you disabling QOS Upload and Download.

I also have he PS4 and it's working fine here. There's no need to put it on DMZ as long as you have UPNP enabled.

The only thing I did was give my PS4 it's on IP address.
Message 2 of 27
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Do what I did, Return it, Wait several months and try it again. This way you're not stuck with it.
Message 3 of 27
JAMESMTL
Novice

I also have the R7000 and have used it with the PS4 since launch without any issues using either of the two latest official netgear FWs updates.

For my setup the PS4 is hard wired with a DHCP address reservation and upnp enabled. The ps4 is not in the DMZ nor are am I using any port forwarding other than upnp. the ps4 has never experienced a disconnect with 4 to 8 hours of daily usage. I have not experienced any issues running the ps4 with upstream QOS enabled either.

For the past two weeks or so I have been running the latest DD-WRT FW which cleared up unrelated wifi issues and also has been absolutely brilliant in regards to QOS. No ps4 lag whatsoever even with simultaneous multi GB downloads running full throttle, sip calls and netflix viewing.

All of my ps4 usage is for online gameplay. I also did limited testing of the ps4 via wifi, just to try it out and encountered no disconnects or client side lag. I prefer a wired connection and have been doing so with the ps3/4 for years now.
Message 4 of 27
Falconfe73
Aspirant

Hi,
Thanks for your replies.. I have the Ps4 connected to the router wired. Installed on the router i have the last firmware 1.0.2.94.1.015 and I also have qos disabled.
I tried both with static IP (reserved in the lan section) and with dynamic IP but the results are the same.. i have continued disconnection from the psn service. With the old router i can play for hours without problems.
thanks in advance for your help.
Message 5 of 27
Falconfe73
Aspirant

Hi, do you use nat filtering secured or open?
Message 6 of 27
eXR3
Novice

I have SIP ALG DISABLED.
Message 7 of 27
Temporel
Novice

Falconfe73 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for your replies.. I have the Ps4 connected to the router wired. Installed on the router i have the last firmware 1.0.2.94.1.015 and I also have qos disabled.
I tried both with static IP (reserved in the lan section) and with dynamic IP but the results are the same.. i have continued disconnection from the psn service. With the old router i can play for hours without problems.
thanks in advance for your help.

have you tried a factory reset ?
Message 8 of 27
JAMESMTL
Novice

Falconfe73 wrote:
Hi,
I tried both with static IP (reserved in the lan section) and with dynamic IP but the results are the same..

When you say static do you mean a dhcp address reservation on the router with the ps4 setup as a dhcp client or do you mean that you setup the ps4 with a static address in the LAN section of the ps4?

When you do a test internet connection on the ps4 what nay type is reported? And are all the tests successful?

Are you disconnecting completely from psn or just in game? Does this happen to all games?
Message 9 of 27
Falconfe73
Aspirant

JAMESMTL wrote:
When you say static do you mean a dhcp address reservation on the router with the ps4 setup as a dhcp client or do you mean that you setup the ps4 with a static address in the LAN section of the ps4?

When you do a test internet connection on the ps4 what nay type is reported? And are all the tests successful?

Are you disconnecting completely from psn or just in game? Does this happen to all games?

Yes i reserved an ip address for the ps4. When i test the connection i obtain nat type 2 and all tests are succesfull.
When i'm in game i'm first disconnetct from the chat and after that from the game. i tried different game and the ruslts is the same.
I also teied to re install the firmware and i performed a complete reset of the router, but i don't solve the problem.
For example in cod ghost sometimes i obtain open nat, sometimes moderate... I'm thinking to return the router...
Message 10 of 27
JAMESMTL
Novice

Well I'm at a loss. Like I mentioned above it was pretty much plug and play for me.

The only things I can think of would be to open a support ticket with Netgear or to give dd-wrt a try before returning the unit. If you get a working solution I would be interested in knowing what worked.

Not being able to use my ps4 would be a deal breaker for me.

Good Luck
Message 11 of 27
Lexist2112
Luminary

Falconfe73 wrote:
Yes i reserved an ip address for the ps4. When i test the connection i obtain nat type 2 and all tests are succesfull.
When i'm in game i'm first disconnetct from the chat and after that from the game. i tried different game and the ruslts is the same.
I also teied to re install the firmware and i performed a complete reset of the router, but i don't solve the problem.
For example in cod ghost sometimes i obtain open nat, sometimes moderate... I'm thinking to return the router...

Please try this. Sounds like you have done everything to configure the router correctly. The possibility exists that the PS4 may have some of the old config to your previous router.

Although I do not own a PS4, is there a way to:
1) Reset the wireless & LAN to default (clear any system memory)
2) reconfigure your PS4
3) power down the R7000 and reconnect power.

Let us know
Message 12 of 27
Falconfe73
Aspirant

Now I'll try your suggestions... another question how I can set-up the router clock? The time and date of the router are wrong and I didn't find were set-up the clock or the time server.
Thanks!
Message 13 of 27
eXR3
Novice

Clock setting is located in ADVANCED - SECURITY - SCHEDULE
Message 14 of 27
Falconfe73
Aspirant

In advance -- security -- schedule, i can only setup the time zone not the time or time server..
In the meantime i disable sip alg in the nat and reset and ps4 net connection and now it seems that ps4 is working.. I'll let you know after a deeper test!
Message 15 of 27
eXR3
Novice

Pick the correct time zone and it should adjust the proper time for you
Message 16 of 27
Temporel
Novice

Falconfe73 wrote:
In advance -- security -- schedule, i can only setup the time zone not the time or time server..

Why would you want a different time than your timezone ???
Message 17 of 27
Falconfe73
Aspirant

Temporel wrote:
Why would you want a different time than your timezone ???

The problem is that the time and date are wrong... At the moment the router date is 03.01.2003..
Message 18 of 27
Temporel
Novice

Falconfe73 wrote:
The problem is that the time and date are wrong... At the moment the router date is 03.01.2003..

I see.

At first I thought it was strange that there was no time settings but the router is always spot on so Im fine with it.

Another "not universal" bug to add to the long list 😞
Message 19 of 27
eXR3
Novice

Strange my time and date is correct in the router config screen.
Message 20 of 27
Falconfe73
Aspirant

After some hours of playing it seems that the problems is solved. At the end I think it was a ps4 fault, in the sense that if you don't reset the net setup when you change the router probably ps4 "rember" something of the old router and the connection became instable.
I still have hour and date problem, yesterday I contacted netgear support but the solutions they suggested me didn't solve the problem.
Message 21 of 27
Lexist2112
Luminary

Falconfe73 wrote:

Your welcome 😄
Message 22 of 27
AlexAmparan
Aspirant

I have to r8500 how do I put it to ps4 5g
Message 23 of 27
AlexAmparan
Aspirant

Message 24 of 27
JamesGL
Master

Hi AlexAmparan,

You mean how to connect the PS4 to 5Ghz connection? If yes and if it supports 5Ghz, you may the network connection and look for the 5Ghz network.

Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7