Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 and Uverse Pace 5268ac connection steps

bk14857
Follower

R7000 and Uverse Pace 5268ac connection steps

looking for guidance on proper way to install the R7000 to the Pace 5268ac gateway. i have ATT fiber 1000 and want to maximize the wifi signal in the house to at least 900 mps. and quick responses would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

BK

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 and Uverse Pace 5268ac connection steps

@bk14857 wrote:

looking for guidance on proper way to install the R7000 to the Pace 5268ac gateway. i have ATT fiber 1000 and want to maximize the wifi signal in the house to at least 900 mps. and quick responses would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

BK

Just so you don't have unrealistic expectations, the R7000 will never hit 900mbps over wireless. Smallnetbuilder did reviews of it and the matching Asus router. under OPTIMAL conditions (no wireless interference, obstructing objects, etc) the 2.4ghz average throughput was 96mbps and the 5ghz was 240mbps. Thats average and not peak performance but its a realistic expectation of performance over wireless. They both had peaks around 400mbps but again, thats not sustained and its with the best signal.

I'd recommend reading the article. The performance has improved a little with firmware updates but its still a relevant look at how that class of router performs. 

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32239-ac1900-first-look-netgear-r7000-a-as...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
microchip8
Master

900 Mbps is not possible on the 2.4 GHz band. If you're using mostly the 5 GHz band, make sure your wifi adapters support high speeds. Also, there's no "proper" way to connect your router to your Uverse modem. All you can do is plug in the ethernet cable into the modem and set the modem in bridge mode if you can.

Also make sure you don't use anything that needs to inspect packets first (like QoS, Traffic meter, etc) as it will disable CTF (hardware acceleration)

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

@bk14857 wrote:

thanks

BK

Just so you don't have unrealistic expectations, the R7000 will never hit 900mbps over wireless. Smallnetbuilder did reviews of it and the matching Asus router. under OPTIMAL conditions (no wireless interference, obstructing objects, etc) the 2.4ghz average throughput was 96mbps and the 5ghz was 240mbps. Thats average and not peak performance but its a realistic expectation of performance over wireless. They both had peaks around 400mbps but again, thats not sustained and its with the best signal.

I'd recommend reading the article. The performance has improved a little with firmware updates but its still a relevant look at how that class of router performs. 

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32239-ac1900-first-look-netgear-r7000-a-as...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7