Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 and ibVPN

mediaman09
Aspirant

R7000 and ibVPN

Anyone using their R7000 set up with the ibVPN service? (http://www.ibvpn.com/vpn-service/)

Looking to find out:

1) if you used the stock Netgear frimware or went with dd-wrt

2) any perforamnce issues?

3) any tips or cautions on setting it up.

Right now I just have the ibVPN app running as a windows client.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
AirWaveZ
Guide

I use DD-WRT on my R7000 to connect to hidemyass vpn service.

Works flawless - and infact, it works flawless on most dd-wrt supported routers 🙂

I generally use PPTP or L2TP connection - although OpenVPN is as well possible.

checked out the service you mentioned ibvpn - it says "Open VPN, PPTP, L2TP, SSTP supported"

So you will be in good hands with dd-wrt version.

i cant remember - but i dont think R7000 can function as a client to the VPN service like ibvpn. It has a inbuilt openvpn server of its own - to connect to your home from a remote location - but dont quote me on this.

Reason i say i cant remember is because i have flashed mine with dd-wrt long time ago so i cannot confirm whther the stock netgear firmware will act as a vpn client to the server. Perhaps some one else in the community can confirm this.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
AirWaveZ
Guide

I use DD-WRT on my R7000 to connect to hidemyass vpn service.

Works flawless - and infact, it works flawless on most dd-wrt supported routers 🙂

I generally use PPTP or L2TP connection - although OpenVPN is as well possible.

checked out the service you mentioned ibvpn - it says "Open VPN, PPTP, L2TP, SSTP supported"

So you will be in good hands with dd-wrt version.

i cant remember - but i dont think R7000 can function as a client to the VPN service like ibvpn. It has a inbuilt openvpn server of its own - to connect to your home from a remote location - but dont quote me on this.

Reason i say i cant remember is because i have flashed mine with dd-wrt long time ago so i cannot confirm whther the stock netgear firmware will act as a vpn client to the server. Perhaps some one else in the community can confirm this.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7