Aspirant

R7000 broken internet port

Soo, my wifi signal is transmiting but there is no internet conection. I got a thechnitian here and he said that both my PC and my router internet ports broke, probably due to a lighting storm.

My question is, is there anything I can do to fix it? (he said since the port is soldered to the motherboard the is no easy way to fix it so i should buy a new one)

If it is not fixable, what can I use my router for?(beacuse its still transmiting wifi signal)

thanks for the help guys!

Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: R7000 broken internet port

If all the ports on the router are dead, then it could be relegated to door stop duty..

Message 2 of 6
Apprentice

If one Internet port is working go get a 4 or 8 port switch and just plug it in.  More ports now.

Message 3 of 6
Aspirant

just the main yellow port, where the internet "comes in". The others(exits) seems to be working fine.

Message 4 of 6
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Darkvizer,

One way to check if the ports on the router are still functional is by doing a loop back test. You hard wire a working Ethernet cable from one of the LAN ports (1-4) and connect the other end to the WAN port (yellow Internet port) then check if the corresponding port light and the Internet light (planet-looking symbol) will light up. If they both light up then both ports are working. If no light comes on then you can try other LAN ports or use another Ethernet cable for isolation.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Apprentice

@Darkvizer wrote:

just the main yellow port, where the internet "comes in". The others(exits) seems to be working fine.

Toast.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements