Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 cant connect to gaming servers

bfuccillo
Follower

R7000 cant connect to gaming servers

Was having some intermittent connection issues with my ISP, and in their efforts to remotely diagnose/resolve the problem, something happened to my router...I can no longer connect to gaming servers.  The ISP cant figure out what they did or provide any help resolving it since its not their router.  If I bypass the router and connect directly to the modem, there is no problem, so it has to be on the router side?  The game server IT had me install Cloudflare WARP as a sort of VPN I guess, which does allow me to connect, but with much lower speeds than I would have direct.  I've checked the firmware and rebooted the router many times, any ideas what I can do?  

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 cant connect to gaming servers

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Are you wireless or wire connected to the router? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7