Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 crashing repeatedly after firmware update V1.0.9.18_1.2.27

quantumduck
Initiate

R7000 crashing repeatedly after firmware update V1.0.9.18_1.2.27

After updating to the most recent firmware version, V1.0.9.18_1.2.27, my router will connect to all devices,but have no internet access. This occurs for 3 Windows 10 machines, and all cell phones in the house.  Each will say "Connected," however none will have internet access. This started only after updating to the most recent firmware version. 

I can fix the problem by hitting the power button and resetting the router. At that point, it will work for a couple of hours, before showing 'no access' again.

I have chromecasts in the house, however all of them are updated to the most recent version (checked that first). It appears this is an issue only with the newest released firmware version, which came out in the last week. 

Any thoughts? Should I go back to the last version? 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
farmgirl18
Aspirant

I also have this problem -- can't keep devices connected to the Internet and video streaming has buffering problems.  After reading multiple posts about similar problem with the earlier firmware version 1.0.9.10... and which suggest going back to 1.0.9.6, I have just back updated to that version.  It may not have the security fixes, but maybe it will keep devices connected.

Message 2 of 8

quantumduck wrote:

I have chromecasts in the house, however all of them are updated to the most recent version (checked that first). It appears this is an issue only with the newest released firmware version, which came out in the last week. 

Could be related to the issue. There are two things going on with the R7000, and other devices, at the moment. New firmware has clobbered some users. A recent Chromecast update has hit others. Some people may have caught both diseases.

You can read about the whole sad saga here:

Nighthawk D7000 2.4Ghz WiFi issues - NETGEAR Communities

Apologies for the length, it took some time for people to pin down what was happening.

The solution depends on which bug has got you. That discussion may offer some clues.

Message 3 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Please try this firmware version.

https://kb.netgear.com/000053870/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-26-Hot-Fix

Message 4 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 8
farmgirl18
Aspirant

I updated to the firmware hot fix that is cited in a message above. I didn't reset to factory settings.  So far, it's much better.  Part of our streaming issue is with dsl bandwith. Can't fix that since we're rural.  I still had some issues with my HP 8600 printer disconnecting from wi-fi so I've cabled it to the router and reinstalled it as a hard wired network printer. Printer now works consistently.  Chromecast and Roku devices all working.

Message 6 of 8
quantumduck
Initiate

I went through a process of rebooting each chromecast 3 times, (just to make sure they were all updated, and one hiccupped and threw an error, so I did them all again.) After rebooting each chromecast, I then did a hard reboot (power switch) on the router. Since then, I have had no issues. I did the update suggested above, and still have had no issues. 

Whatever was going on, I seems it was an interaction between the chromecast and the router, and once everything was restarted correctly, the problem resolved itself. 

Thank you for being so responsive! This router is a beast, and I appreciate the reliability of the hardware and community.

Message 7 of 8

Thank you for the detailed update. Very useful. We haven't had many confirmations describing what happened in quite so much detail.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7