Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 defect after firmware update

TLdesign
Aspirant

R7000 defect after firmware update

Hello,

This morning ( 10 december 2017 ) i logged in my R7000 Router.

First thing i see that there is a new firmware update.

I checked this and after the router connected to the netgear server its confirmed dat there is a new firmware.

It asks of i want to update it and i click YES

the router download, check and install the new firmware.
I looked at the screen and it says that i must hold the power on and wait for 2 minutes while the firmware is updated.

So i leave the computer and do other things.

After 15 minutes i came back to the computer and i have the same screen ( only with a blue stroke that the update is done )

I refreshed my screen and it can't connect to the router anymore.

I looked at my router and there were 3 lights on. ( power, lan1 en lan 2 )

The rest was off.

and again i wait for another 15 minutes.

after the second 15 minutes not any change, so i reset the router by power off/on

my router gives not a IP adres anymore. no wifi anymore.

i try the router factory reset with the button at the back, but no difference.

i try to connect with Telnet, but thats not working eather.

Please i need help.

is my router no defect bij fault firmware that the router get from the netgear server.

he is just 14 months old and i have often a firmware upgrade on the same way.

i can not find my invoice anymore and the shop can't find the purchase date anymore.

so i have no garanty or what so ever.

Is there a way to fix my router ???

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
TLdesign
Aspirant

Re: R7000 defect after firmware update

I did not give up and keep searching and trying. Finally I found in the community a message that fixed my problem.

This are the step I followed and resolved my problem: ( its copied from the creator, but with some miner improvements )

1. Navigate to Control Panel-->Programs and Features, click on Turn Windows features on or off. The I select TFTP Client from the check list. Click ok

2. Navigate to Control Panel-->Network and Internet-->Network and Sharing Center, click on the left pane the Change adapter settings. Then set an static IP Address as follow:

IP address: 192.168.1.2

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

Click OK button

3. Download the firmware from netgear.com and copy it to your computer Desktop (use firmware intended for R7000) .(i used firmware 1.1.91)

4. Connect a computer to ethernet port and turn on the router.

5. Open a command prompt window. For this just click Start menu-->Run and write "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter. I the command prompt write "cd desktop" (without quotes). Finally, write "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put firmware-file-name" (without quotes) and hit enter. Wait several minutes (maybe 1 or 2) and router should reboot itself.
after rebooting wait another 2 minutes and problem is gone.

I'm not a tech but have some skills following instructions and coupling methods found on internet, so I hope that this steps help people with issues similar to mine.

Thx. Almofari who solved my problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
TLdesign
Aspirant

Re: R7000 defect after firmware update

I did not give up and keep searching and trying. Finally I found in the community a message that fixed my problem.

This are the step I followed and resolved my problem: ( its copied from the creator, but with some miner improvements )

1. Navigate to Control Panel-->Programs and Features, click on Turn Windows features on or off. The I select TFTP Client from the check list. Click ok

2. Navigate to Control Panel-->Network and Internet-->Network and Sharing Center, click on the left pane the Change adapter settings. Then set an static IP Address as follow:

IP address: 192.168.1.2

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

Click OK button

3. Download the firmware from netgear.com and copy it to your computer Desktop (use firmware intended for R7000) .(i used firmware 1.1.91)

4. Connect a computer to ethernet port and turn on the router.

5. Open a command prompt window. For this just click Start menu-->Run and write "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter. I the command prompt write "cd desktop" (without quotes). Finally, write "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put firmware-file-name" (without quotes) and hit enter. Wait several minutes (maybe 1 or 2) and router should reboot itself.
after rebooting wait another 2 minutes and problem is gone.

I'm not a tech but have some skills following instructions and coupling methods found on internet, so I hope that this steps help people with issues similar to mine.

Thx. Almofari who solved my problem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7