Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 export device list

Old-Steve
Aspirant

R7000 export device list

I have a Netgear Router R7000 with  Firmware V1.0.11.134_10.2.119 

Is there any way I can export the attached devices list to an Excel spreadsheet?

That is the only thing I miss from my old Asus router.

I have tried copying and pasting and its a mess.

TIA

Message 1 of 7
microchip8
Master

Re: R7000 export device list

Nope
Message 2 of 7
Old-Steve
Aspirant

OK, what about why does my Netgear router R7000 keep changing the names on the attached device list? I changed them to something I can easily recognize and a few hours later some of them are different again.

Message 3 of 7

@Old-Steve wrote:

OK, what about why does my Netgear router R7000 keep changing the names on the attached device list?

What are these devices? Some wifi clients – recent iPhones and Android phones – change their mac addresses as a "security" measure.

Message 4 of 7
Old-Steve
Aspirant

just a bunch of sonoff wifi switches and various wifi cameras

It seems that it is mostly the sonoff wifi switches that keep renaming themselves.

Very intermittent hit or miss, only a few, the majority of them behave themselves.

Message 5 of 7

@Old-Steve wrote:

It seems that it is mostly the sonoff wifi switches that keep renaming themselves.

How are you renaming them in the router?

I find that the Netgear genie for Windows is more reliable, and easier to use, than the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

Get it here:

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Be warned that it is wrapped up in a RAR file. Some people seem to have problems with those.

Message 6 of 7
Old-Steve
Aspirant

I downloaded Genie.

Really I don't think its much better.

Before I went to bed last night I fixed them all.

This morning 6 had been renamed.

Now a few more hours later and they have mostly all been renamed to their mac addresses.

I give up, I guess I will start carrying a mac address chart with me.

OldSteve_0-1656956065890.png

You can see where I renamed a couple to Rack-Fans and Rack-LED but the bottom 4 have been renamed.

I have seen suggestions to put IOT devices on to a guest network. I haven't tried that yet and now I am going out of town for a week but I might try that when I get back.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7