Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 extremely slow upload speeds

BigRed0287
Tutor

R7000 extremely slow upload speeds

I recently purchased my Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) and have been having issues with the upload speeds. I've edited QOS and restored to facotry settings. Yet, the problem still persists. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
LeeH
Prodigy

Make your changes to the configuration slowly one at a time making speed checks between each change. 

You won't ever need QOS with the speed of your Internet connection.  Don't even turn it on because I have seen it give people problems like you had even after turning it back off.

Don't ever upgrade firmware unless it fixes a problem you are experiencing or it has a security fix you need.  I kept my R7000 on 1.0.4.28 until 1.0.7.6 came out with security fixes.  Every firmware change is a risk of corrupting or even bricking your router.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
BigRed0287
Tutor

I also did the reset button on the back of the router. Still slow upload speeds. 

Message 2 of 10
LeeH
Prodigy

What speeds are you paying for and what are you getting?

Have you tried connecting your computer directly into your modem and testing it that way?

Are you using speedtest.net?

Message 3 of 10
BigRed0287
Tutor

I pay for cox ultimate (up to 300mbps dl, upt to 30mbps ul). Download speeds is workig just fine, but upload is around 600kbps consistently. Even after factory rest, button reset, and rebuilding QOS settings. 

Message 4 of 10
BigRed0287
Tutor

I am using speedtest to test speeds. 

Message 5 of 10
LeeH
Prodigy

Try doing a long reset by holding in the reset button until the power light turns orange and starts to blink and cycles through this three times, it will take about 30 seconds.

Then log into the routers web interface and change the admin password.  Leave all other configuration items alone and test it with these defaults.

Use http://www.speedtest.net/ for the test.

Message 6 of 10
BigRed0287
Tutor

Will do. If that corrects the issue, how should I proceed from there? Will I still be able to edit the SSID?
Message 7 of 10
BigRed0287
Tutor

After resetting and leaving SSID as provided, upload speed is back in the 30's. Do i have to keep the provided SSID that came with the router or can i change it now that the upload speed is back to normal?

Message 8 of 10
LeeH
Prodigy

Make your changes to the configuration slowly one at a time making speed checks between each change. 

You won't ever need QOS with the speed of your Internet connection.  Don't even turn it on because I have seen it give people problems like you had even after turning it back off.

Don't ever upgrade firmware unless it fixes a problem you are experiencing or it has a security fix you need.  I kept my R7000 on 1.0.4.28 until 1.0.7.6 came out with security fixes.  Every firmware change is a risk of corrupting or even bricking your router.

Message 9 of 10
BigRed0287
Tutor

Thanks for the help

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements