Highlighted
Aspirant

R7000 extremely slow wifi

2.4 is pathetic. 60 mbps out of the 1000 available. 5.0 is better at 200 mbps. I just updated it last night and did a factory reset. I shut off 20/40 coexistance and made sure WMM was checked. What else can I try? I can get 700 mbps wired to my Mac but on my S8 and iPhone 7 over wifi is terrible. I understand there is loss but I expect at least 200 mbps on the 2.4 and double to triple out of 5.0. Really disappointed so far
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R7000 extremely slow wifi

This is the issue normally which faced by everyone. I am really worried about the pathetic condition of the wifi range and its speed. Epson projector support helped me to solve this issue. Thanks for helping. Speed is ok nowadays but the range gets down why?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

What did they have you change?
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

I had the same problem with slow wifi after the latest firmware update. I tried all kinds of things and finally discovered that the Guest Wifi seemed to be at the heart of the issue. I don't know why but after I did a factory reset and left the Guest Wifi OFF, my speeds went back to normal. 

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Ok so it's also unstable. I tested the wired and it's good results but I can't sustain a simple facetime. It's definitely my end. I loose picture and it tells me unstable connection while the person I'm talking to still have picture and sound. I'm about to swap to a different router and the company name is not gonna start with N.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements