Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R7000 firmware V1.0.9.12_1.2.23, Android client 1.1.23 build 90, OPENVPN no longer connecting

Just double checking as it is not entirle clear from your message: Did you use the dowload link for the hotfix firmware in the link in one of the messages above? The firmware autoupdate on the router itself did not link to the vpn hotfix version...

Message 26 of 28
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R7000 firmware V1.0.9.12_1.2.23, Android client 1.1.23 build 90, OPENVPN no longer connecting

I got it working now, and verified that it is SHA-256 via the OpenVPN log. The probelm was between the user and the keyboard (me).

I thought i had the most updated firmware, as i will usually update in sequence - by downloading from the website to answer your question, not auto-update. I went back and applied R7000-V1.0.9.28_10.2.32 first, followed by the hotfix R7000-V1.0.9.30_10.2.33_beta. After doing this i was not prompted with the earlier message that included an "update" button - so I rebooted via power button on the back of the router. I exported the cert, loaded back on the phone, after deleting the other profile, and voila - up and running.

Thank you netgear, and the other participants of this thread for hanging in there together.

Regards,

A satisfied end-user

Message 27 of 28
Highlighted
Star

I am running the openVPN client 3.05 and there is a setting called "Use Insecure Algorithms" which allowed you to use MD5.  You might disabling this setting and see if it makes a difference.

I personally have not tried the hot fix and waiting for the next stable release of firmware before I upgrade.  In the meantime I am able to use my client on Android and access three different openVPN servers without any issues. My pass experience with Netgear firmware has been having to reset the router, flash the new firmware and then re-enter the configuration manually in order for things to work properly after a firmware upgrade. My personal experience this has to be done for about 33% of my upgrades. I have made not of this in a previous post above.

Good Luck

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements