Re: R7000 firmware update killed port forward

anygreg
Apprentice

R7000 firmware update killed port forward

Thought it worth mentioning the port forwarding issues I'm having with this new update. I have 18 forwarding rules for cctv nas remote access etc.. 

The answer seems to be delete all entries reset and re enter, this however didn't work. 

Every other firmware update has been pretty much with out hitch u til this latest one? Not sure what's happened, but here is a link to another thread of others having issues with this as well..

R7000 firmware update port forward issue

Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Update released last night.

When posting you should mention which version FW you're talking about.

Message 2 of 7
anygreg
Apprentice

Before mentioning you should click the link which states the firmware issue 🙂
Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I did click it. Expecting someone to read 46 post to find that your referring to the update that's been out only hours is what I'd expect from a high school girl   Woman Surprised  , not an adult. 

Do you have any idea of the number of FW updates the r7000 has had? It just make sense to include FW version and Model in a subject line. 

Message 4 of 7
anygreg
Apprentice

Lost me there on that reply? And the school girl bit?? No idea...

But, in answer to your post, the link, once clicked shows a thread that actually has the firmware version it relates to in the title of every one of the 46 posts you refer too? So isn't difficult to find?  Even a school girl could find that? 

The latest firmware as well as the the previous one have issues with port forwarding, so please apply this to the latest firmware 1.0.6.28   and  v1.0.5.48_1.1.79 as clearly stated in each of the threads ....

Hope this clears things up, and I take note and will make sure that in future I title my thread with as much info as possible so those in a rush can quickly read and reply with whatever it is they feel they'd like to contribute to the issues with the R7000. 

🙋

Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

"They've fixed all this in a new firmware update 1.0.6, was really simple they simply added this complicated code copied below....

Please Note: If you have setup Port Forwarding, it needs to be re-configured after updating to firmware V1.0.6.28. Please remove all entries in the port forwarding table and add them back to reconfigure it. "

You can't argue with stupid! sorry your still having port problems. I can say my porting is resolved. Good Luck

Message 6 of 7
anygreg
Apprentice

Well done and thanks for your helpful contribution to this thread  🐓

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements