Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 firmware upgrade installed new "arlo" network?

jbnye
Aspirant

R7000 firmware upgrade installed new "arlo" network?

I recently installed a firmware upgrade after receiving an email reminder from Netgear.  Previously, I had two networks -- NETGEAR91 and NETGEAR91-5G.  Since the firmware upgrade, my IOS devices are seeing a third wifi network option, NETGEAR91-arlo-247008. 

I didn't set up this network, and I live in a pretty remote area so hacking by neighbors or drive bys seems unlikely.  I see that Netgear has a home security product named "arlo" -- is that what this is all about?  Maybe the firmware upgrade set up the network in case I wanted to purchase and use the arlo wifi cameras? 

I sure wish the email from Netgear had been a bit more explicit.  Can anyone confirm that's what my new network is all about?

Thanks,

JB Nye

Rougemont, NC

nye@mindspring.com

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 firmware upgrade installed new "arlo" network?

Yes.  There's a new setting where you can disable it, too.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Yes.  There's a new setting where you can disable it, too.

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes,

I was going to check the release notes and it appears Netgear actually removed the last two FW updates.

I have a r7000 and it worked quite well on 1.0.4.30 which is the last one on the download site as of today anyway. The last two firmware updates had problems which if you'd read the forums you'd would had found out.

Message 3 of 5
jbnye
Aspirant

Ah, yes, now I see several related threads about this.  I've unchecked the "enable arlo" box.  Hopefully this will also resolve why my ipad's wifi connection suddenly seemed to have gone flaky. 

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The fix is to revert to 4.30 if you have ANY further problems.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7