Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 firmware version 1.0.9.14 drops connections to Apple devices and Logitech Pop Bridge

dvwebster
Aspirant

R7000 firmware version 1.0.9.14 drops connections to Apple devices and Logitech Pop Bridge

Two days ago I updated to r7000 firmware version 1.0.9.14 but immediately started to see dropped onnections to Apple devices and a Logitech Pop Bridge that could not be recovered. Curiously android devices seemed unaffected.
Today I have rolled back to the previous version 1.0.9.12 and the problem appears to be fixed for now.

Anyone else had the same issue? Is there a known fix or will a further update be needed?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
dvwebster
Aspirant

Re: R7000 firmware version 1.0.9.14 drops connections to Apple devices and Logitech Pop Bridge

Hi,

I am pleased to confirm that hotfix firmware version 1.0.9.26 has been working well with all my devices including my one Google Home smart speaker.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15

All Replies
candroulakis
Aspirant

Im seeing my entire wifi going out and have to reboot router to get ut back in same firmware. I have to reboot evert day.
Message 2 of 15
HeavyC78
Aspirant

I've been having wifi disconnect issue also since the firmware update. All of my devices, phones, shield tv, tablets will drop every now and then. But will reconnect. It gets annoying! I've rebooted the router once, didn't seem to fix anything. 

Message 3 of 15
MPrinter17
Star

I'm also having the same issue. I've got a honeywell thermostat that continually drops off and won't reconnect until I reboot the router. Several other devices seem to exibit the same problem. I can be using the internet fine on a streaming device, but regularly things disconnect all the time. Daily reboots since the FW upgrade. 

Message 4 of 15
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

A new firmware is available. Please update and provided feedback for any issues encountered.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/NEW-R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-18/m-p/1460...

Message 5 of 15
HWAM
Apprentice

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi All,

A new firmware is available. Please update and provided feedback for any issues encountered.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/NEW-R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-18/m-p/1460...

Why should we test this firmware? The release notes only mention about security fixes. Who can garantee that the WiFi problems are fixed in this firmware? I was hoping for getting more information about changes. But nothing. Not even a log. Why? Inform us. Did Netgear introduce bugs? No problem, can happen, but tell what's going on.

Message 6 of 15
MPrinter17
Star

I applied the FW to my router. So far seems to be ok. I'll check it in a few hours and see if all my devices are still connected. 

Message 7 of 15
JamesGL
Master

Hi HWAM,

I have verified it from our engineers that it fixes wireless connectivity issue. 

Message 8 of 15
dvwebster
Aspirant

I have applied the latest 1.09.18 firmware and still getting total WiFi dropping out about 1 or 2 times a day, so not fixed for me yet.

I have noticed that the R7000 page showing Attached Devices is very slow to show any WiFi devices if if they are connected. Wired devices are listed immediately. It used to be immediate for WiFi devices too.

I I also believe there is a serious a bug with the 5GHz WiFi settings for a Guest Network. I had the Guest Network enabled but with the SSID hidden and noticed that when doing a WiFi scan with inSSIDer software that I had an un-named but Open 5GHz  network present, I.e no SSID and no encryption! Disabling the R7000 Guest network on 5GHz has removed this phantom network. Clearly this is not correct behaviour and needs attention.

Message 9 of 15
dvwebster
Aspirant

Hi,

Wifi problems are persisting.

Not everything seems to get disconnected, my Roku and Google Home seem to be in service but my 6 Amazon Echo devices, all Apple devices, all Android devices and all Nest Devices go offline, 1 or 2 times a day. It is getting very annoying!

Using the hard button on the router to switch WiFi off then on again gets everything to reconnect again.

I have noticed that following the period of WiFi problems the 5GHz channel moves from my setting (60) to 45 but the 2.4GHz setting is still as I set it (11).

Any suggestions please

Message 10 of 15
JamesGL
Master

Hi dvwebster,

Please try this firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000053870/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-26-Hot-Fix

Message 11 of 15
dvwebster
Aspirant

Thanks, I have just updated the firmware as you suggested.

I notice the Release Notes mention a fix to do with Broadcast issues and this might be the problem on my network as I have identified that my single Google Home device appears to have been the cause of my Wi-Fi disconnects. Using a WiFi analyser it looked like the GH was transmitting its own SSID on the same 2.4GHz channel as my router. Since powering it off for the last few days and running with the last official update, I dont appear to have any Wi-Fi problems.

I shall see how the new Hotfix version works for a few days before switching on the Google Home again.

Message 12 of 15
JamesGL
Master

Hi dvwebster,

You may need to check with Google home since this is a known issue as well from their end. I believe they have patch software for this.

Message 13 of 15
JamesGL
Master

Hi dvwebster,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 14 of 15
dvwebster
Aspirant

Hi,

I am pleased to confirm that hotfix firmware version 1.0.9.26 has been working well with all my devices including my one Google Home smart speaker.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7