Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 internet problem with newest F/W

Theverge
Aspirant

R7000 internet problem with newest F/W

I have the wifi speed problem from last week with only 50 download and 95 upload, which i sopose to have 150 up/download, so i tired to reset the the router and update to the newest firmware V1.0.5.64_1.1.88, and with the same result, BUT!!! it brings more trouble to me, THE ROUTER DISSCONNECT INTERNET every  50 mins,  browser says can not find the DNS servers, and i tired to rest  -> downgrade to 1.0.4.30 -. reset again,  still with the wifi problem and it also inherit internet connection problem, OMG, like every 50 mins it drops internet  connection, even i manually set DNS as 8.8.8.8    

Sorry for bad english, but the internet problem makes me crazy.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Theverge
Aspirant

Re: R7000 internet problem with newest F/W

Hello guys , finally i fix the problem, i dont have the setting with "set on demon", since i use DHCP servers form my IPS,  the way i fix the problem is leaving nothing with factory setting, i am manually changing every setting on the router, open the DDNS, VPN, downloading manager, and BOOM, problem solved, at least it will not disconnect from the Internet, but still in the log it shows  reconnect to Internet every 45-50 mins, but i don't have the feeling about disconnect from the Internet. Actually the factory setting brings the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
at0o0o
Aspirant

Hmm... Sounds like the WiFi disconnect issues are still present. I was hoping that it would go away with this newest update. This router has so much potential, but stability issues makes it so frustrating. I won't be able to update it until this weekend. I'll let you know if I'm having the same problem. 

Message 2 of 10
IrvSp
Master

Did you try doing an 'erase' on the Genie Browser ADVANCED --> BACKUP SETTINGS tab "Revert to Factory default settings" and once up re-enter MANUALLY all your settings?

Have you power cycled the modem with the router off, and then once up powered the router back on?

Message 3 of 10
Theverge
Aspirant

Yes, i tried to reset and also erase the setting and key in the setting every time, but it still happens.now i downgrade to 1.0.3.68, doing reset and downgrade and reset again, it still happens, the connection issue never happened to me until i update to the newest firmware.

Message 4 of 10
IrvSp
Master

That is a fairly OLD Firmware? Did you look here to get the latest, http://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx? Give that a try. Should also be able to get that via Genie on the ADVANCED tab under Administration Router Update. It should find V1.0.5.64 you as well. I did it that way, RESET and manually re-entered my settings without problems at all?

Message 5 of 10
Theverge
Aspirant

The problem come after i installed  firmware V1.0.5.64, at first i think it might be the firmware problem, so i downgraded to 1.0.4.30, but it inherit the problem.

Message 6 of 10
IrvSp
Master

Sounds like you did everything right?

I'd start by disabling everything and then try just the normal 2.4Ghz SSID, if it works, add in the 5Ghz SSID. Don't touch DNS, let it get it from the ISP. Change nothing else, use the default, even no security or p/w for the SSID. If that works, add on security (WPA2-PSK)... works try one guest SSID at a time...

If it is the Guest SSID causing the problem call NG and ask for help. Nothing works, possibly your router went bad, call NG.

Out of suggestions otherwise. Sorry.

Message 7 of 10
Theverge
Aspirant

now  i find more problem, in the log it says Internet disconnect  and connect after 1 mins, it happens every 45 mins, but the ip renew time is 2 hours,  sometimes the router can't assign  ip address to some devices, everything is default.

Message 8 of 10

Check if your internet setting in r7000 is "On Demand" (I believe it's the default)

On demand will disconnect the internet when idle. Change the setting to "always on" instead
Message 9 of 10
Theverge
Aspirant

Hello guys , finally i fix the problem, i dont have the setting with "set on demon", since i use DHCP servers form my IPS,  the way i fix the problem is leaving nothing with factory setting, i am manually changing every setting on the router, open the DDNS, VPN, downloading manager, and BOOM, problem solved, at least it will not disconnect from the Internet, but still in the log it shows  reconnect to Internet every 45-50 mins, but i don't have the feeling about disconnect from the Internet. Actually the factory setting brings the problem.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7