R7000 issues with Netflix

Jake_keey
Aspirant

R7000 issues with Netflix

When I am using MacBook, iPad, PS4 and TV, cannot connect to Netflix, amazon and some websites. However, the main concern is Netflix. I can only connect to Netflix with iPhone.

I tried to lower the MTU setting, i saw that on other posts. However, it doesn’t work.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: R7000 issues with Netflix

@Jake_keey wrote:
When I am using MacBook, iPad, PS4 and TV, cannot connect to Netflix, amazon and some websites.

What happens when you try?

"Cannot connect" could hide a multitude of sins.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Jake_keey
Aspirant

Sorry, I am not good at computer. My Router is "R7000 AC1900 Smart WIFI Router". I am using MacBook Air. Router Firmware Version is V1.0.9.88_10.2.88 It showed the following,  This site can’t be reached

www.netflix.com refused to connect.

Try:

• Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 4

@Jake_keey wrote:

This site can’t be reached

www.netflix.com refused to connect.

Try:

• Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Nothing there tells me that your router is the obstacle. It may be, but who knows?

That sort of error crops up in browsers. But that does not mean that the R7000 told the browser to buzz off.

We don't know what you are doing when Netflix complains. Is this a browser that objects? Something else?

Have you tried getting at Netflix in some other way? A different browser? A mobile device?

You say the iPhone complains. What about other things? If they work OK, then the router is doing its job.

It is very easy to think that your router us the roadblock. In reality, these networks are painful. You need to pin down the problem. Then start looking for answers.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements