Highlighted

Re: R7000 keeps losing 2.4GHz wireless connectivity

@Genkilljoy01 wrote:

I just got this router yesterday...

Which router? The subject says R7000. Your footer says R9000.

@Genkilljoy01 wrote:

....but have notice that the Internet does drop then comes back in a few minutes.

Drop as in stops working? Is this wifi? Wired?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

You have just joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you want help with your problem, it helps to check all previous stuff that may be related, but then you should start your own discussion. In  this was you can also provide your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

If you do decide to ask a question, you really need to provide more details.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 426 of 434
Highlighted
Initiate

Hi,

I am hoping there has been progressmade on this issue.

Firmware version : V1.0.9.42_10.2.44   (firmware is latest available as of 14-Nov-2018

Mode : AP Mode with static IP, connected to upstream sagemcom f@st 3864v3 ac (wifi disabled) and netgear cm500v cable mode

Internet : Optus Cable 100Mb (not NBN)

Network : two 1Gb ethernet switches, cascading from R7000.

(supports approx 30 wifi devices)

• 2 x Netgear 6100V2 range extenders (disabled while triaging)
  • 2 desktop pc's (1Gb ethernet into R7000)
  • 2 printers (100Mb ethernet into sagemcom)
  • 2 windows 10 laptops (wifi, either 2 or 5g)
  • 1 macbook pro (wifi, either 2 or 5g)
  • 3 chromecast (wifi)
  • 4 chromecast audio (wifi)
  • 3 google homes (wifi)
  • 2 wifi cameras (wifi)
  • 2 apple tv (wifi)
  • 2 fetchtv (ethernet)
  • 3 tv's - thought they were ethernet - but samsung may be wifi)
  • 6 iphones and 4 ipads

I am having similar issues with my R7000 with respect to wifi dropouts.  I think mine impacts both 2.4 and 5G, but mainly notice it on 2.4G.

Things were ok until I switched to AP (previously in router mode) mode and/or were a result of the factory reset I did to get it to run in AP mode.

Observations :

• Similar to other posts, I am seeing errors like "WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC A8:06:00:C4:B4:A3.  This is either my Samsung tv, or an old Galaxy Note 8 based on a lookup of the mac address on the internet.
  • If I do a show statistics in the R7000, uptime is 1 day + 11 hours.  but both 2.4G and 5G wifi show an uptime of onlu 1.5 hours.  So wifi rebooted itself?  
  • Right now - in attached devices, I see all wired devices, but NO wifi devices.  BUT - I am using a wireless tablet right now connected to the wifi which IS connected to the internet, but not showing up as a connected device.
  • DHCP is from the sagemcom (forced when in AP mode) - but not the issue.  I have one windows 10 laptop with a static ip, and when it loses wifi, the issue is the link appears to be up/ok, but there is no route out. 
  • Switching a device from the 2.4 to 5G networks immediately resolves the issue but the device is still not in the attached devices.  But internet works
  • Which brings me to problem #2.  Even with a 5G devices 1m from the R7000 (Tosheba Portege + Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 and latest intel drivers (updated yesterday) - I cannot get more than 13Mb/s internet speedtest, whilst via ethernet into the R7000, I get between 92 and 102 Mbps consistently.

I can live with the poor speed, but the dropouts make the while setup unusable.  The device in it's current state does not do what it says on the box and is not fit for purpose. 

Does Netgear have a view on the cuase of the issue, or should I just reach out to Netgear and claim a refund under statuatory warranty?  That said, later devices seem to have similar issues, e.g. R9000 was mentioned in a simlar thread.

Thanks

gb

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 427 of 434
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have the same problem and pointed this out to Netgear support.  Appears this firmware V1.0.9.42_10.2.44 has a problem that they need to fix and have not.

Message 428 of 434
Highlighted
Master

@crichards1005 wrote:

I have the same problem and pointed this out to Netgear support.  Appears this firmware V1.0.9.42_10.2.44 has a problem that they need to fix and have not.

Good luck with that with the way Netgear has been doing firmware lately. IMHO they do not have a clue. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 429 of 434
Highlighted
Aspirant

Did you ever find a permenant fix for the 2.4 ghz band not working? Just recently purchased my r7000 on 12/18/18. My 2.4 ghz band was working until I updated to the newest firmware. I tried reinstalling the firmware that you listed, but it won't allow it to be reinstalled?
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 430 of 434
Highlighted
Aspirant

No, my guest network remains off to this day and i havent had any problems.

Im thinking about upgrading soon because i want a guest network.
Message 431 of 434
Highlighted
Aspirant

My guest network is off and 2.4ghz still dont work. NEED PERMANENT FIX PLEASE
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 432 of 434
Highlighted
Guide

I haven't had issues in almost a year. I have the most recent firmware installed. I have an R6900 as my router and switched my R7000 to an AP. That may be why issues stopped too.?
Message 433 of 434
Highlighted

@Cagalindo234 wrote:

I tried reinstalling the firmware that you listed, but it won't allow it to be reinstalled?

What happens when you tried?

You will have to do this manually. It should be easy enough to roll back to earlier firmware versions.

Look at the release notes for the version you want to install. Remember, you have to unzip the download to get at the firmware file itself.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 434 of 434
Top Contributors
Announcements