R7000 keeps losing access to my network Printer

bww
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: R7000 keeps losing access to my network Printer

StevenSiew wrote:
As i have mentioned before, communications from devices on the wired network to devices on the 2.4 Ghz wifi network will fail after some time (3 days in your case).

The cause of the failure is unknown but I suspect that networking data on the R7000 is being either lost or destroyed by some process that overwrites memory in the R7000 system.

I have had the R7000 and now the R6700 using it with hp p1102 printer and both routers did exactly the same thing...I never lost the wireless capabilities to print, it only failed when trying to print from a wired device, and only after many days, the last case 14 days. Newer firmware, with the R7000 never fixed the problem. I currently have the router on a timer that reboots it every 10 days. For me that has been working.
I have not called Netgear because i don't have the time to fool with it, but I wish they could fix it. Everything else works great.
I am just posting this because your answer is exactly what is occurring.
Message 51 of 53
HamsterBall
Aspirant

Solved
I ran into this problem. Printer was printing, then I disabled WMM (WiFi MultiMedia) and then my Canon MG6120 printer could not print. Gave error of not being able to find the access point. After re-enabling the WMM, it worked.

To enable WMM do following:
1) Open Netgear Genie
2) Go to Advanced Tab
3) Click Setup
4) Click QOS Setup
5) Click on WMM tab and enable the WMM multimedia.
6) Apply and router will reset.
7) Try printer again
Message 52 of 53
bww
Aspirant
Aspirant

HamsterBall wrote:
Solved
I ran into this problem. Printer was printing, then I disabled WMM (WiFi MultiMedia) and then my Canon MG6120 printer could not print. Gave error of not being able to find the access point. After re-enabling the WMM, it worked

On both my R7000 and R6700 WMM was enabled from the start as the default, it has never been turned off.

I believe my problem relates to wired devices not being able to communicate with wireless devices after a period of time. Rebooting the router fixes the problem.
Message 53 of 53
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E