Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 latest Firmware update

LantzN
Aspirant

Re: R7000 latest Firmware update

Wouldnt you know it, the moment i went to download my device went Internet Offline.  This is driving me nuts!

Download complete.  Thanks

Message 26 of 27
LantzN
Aspirant

Re: R7000 latest Firmware update

Last night I hooked my Macbook up to the router using an ethernet cable but had to use the TCP/IP address in the browser url field to bring up the control panel.  The control panel url addresses the company provided in the manual instructions would not load.  I had the downloaded firmware folder on the Desktop (link provided in the thread).

Following the rest of the manual instructions worked perfectly and the new firmware loaded very fast.  I had to use the Nighthawk app on my phone to re-allow a number of my devices back on the network.  Why it randomly kicked only some off was odd.  It even kick my Macbook off and that's the device I used to do the firmware upgrade!

Other than that it went well.  The big change is how much faster EVERYTHING loads, from websites to the Prime and Disney apps on the AppleTV.  No more spinning circle!

I haven't noticed any Internet Offline incidents on the Nighthawk app, websites or tv box apps since yesterday, so hopefully it stays that way.

Thanks to all who jumped in to help.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7