Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 limiting internet speed

galiganu
Aspirant

R7000 limiting internet speed

Hi

I have a speed issue with my R7000.

If I connect my PC with LAN to the ISP modem, I get 150 Mpbs download and 75 Mbps upload speeds.

If I put the R7000 in the middle (LAN cable from modem to R7000 and LAN cable from R7000 to PC) I get different speeds: 150 Mbps download and 34-35 Mbps upload.

Also, like a note, speedtest.net always gives results when PC is connected directly to modem. When I put the R7000 in the middle, most of the time speedtest.net gives some kind of timeout (the speedtest stays at 0.5-1 Mbps).

It seems to me that it can be a configuration in the R7000 interface which can affect the limitation in upload speed. I already did factory reset and same happens with factory default settigns.

Anybody can help?

Thanks,

galiganu

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R7000 limiting internet speed

If QOS is off there isn't much else that would limit a wired connection up upload.

You might try 1.0.4.30 FW and or switch the cables around

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If QOS is off there isn't much else that would limit a wired connection up upload.

You might try 1.0.4.30 FW and or switch the cables around

Message 2 of 6
galiganu
Aspirant

thanks searay for the QoS tip.

it seems that my firmware V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 is broken.

i had set (even before) to disable both upstreeam and downstream QoS rules. everything is fine until i restart the router. after restart both of them are selected again, and the upstream is limited to 35 Mbps 🙂

now i have to find a way to downgrade the firmware and in the meantime not to reboot the router (i always thought that a restart is very good after changing settings).

thanks again!

galiganu

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To revert back to 1.0.4.30......Download from top of this page, save to desktop, extract or unzip....from router update Browse to saved file location (desktop) and select it.

The only QOS that should be used ( in my opinion ) is WMM, Enabled it.

When making changes to any setting look for and click APPLY before leaving that page....if you don't click apply the change will NOT happen.

Message 4 of 6
galiganu
Aspirant

Thank! did the downgrade and now the sattings are saved after reboot.

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Great!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements