Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 live activity monitoring

R7000 live activity monitoring

Hello,

I have Nighthawk R7000 with latest firmware. Is there a way I can monitor live traffic on the router? I mean, I want to log-in in the Control Panel and see each device connected and how much IN/OUT their internet traffic is live.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 live activity monitoring

The stock firmware for the R7000 can only provide total Internet traffic statistics for the day, week and month via the Traffic Meter. It does not provide traffic statistics for each connected device. 

There are 3rd party firmware that have this capability. DD-WRT and Asuswrt-Merlin are two I am aware of. I believe the traffic monitoring is more straightforward to use on Asuswrt-Merlin than DD-WRT.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The stock firmware for the R7000 can only provide total Internet traffic statistics for the day, week and month via the Traffic Meter. It does not provide traffic statistics for each connected device. 

There are 3rd party firmware that have this capability. DD-WRT and Asuswrt-Merlin are two I am aware of. I believe the traffic monitoring is more straightforward to use on Asuswrt-Merlin than DD-WRT.

Message 2 of 3

thanks I just wanted to see how much each device is consuming so I know what is throtling my internet speeds and by how much.

If 3rd party firmware cand o it, maybe Netgear should do it too. Too scared to use 3rd party stuff I can't break this $300 router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7