Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 not allowing VPN to reach internet

poker_run
Aspirant

R7000 not allowing VPN to reach internet

Have a question about VPN (not the NetGear VPN, but my business VPN.

I work from home for government contractor and have had USAF VPN for over 5 yrs with no issues from my home. Last week the gov issued me a new laptop with Windows 10.

Everything works great using normal internet through my NetGear Router R7000, I can access Google, FedEx, anything..... until I try using the USAF VPN. I can log onto the VPN with no issues, the VPN states I am connected. But I get no connection to internet where I need to go to Military Web pages. I have not had this issue before with other laptop. I also have a personal laptop and no issues with it (do not use VPN though....but do use same router).

All worked fine until last week when my laptop got replaced. The VPN will work anywhere but at my home (even tried McDonalds wifi to get USAF VPN access and it worked).

It seems that my NetGear Router is blocking somehow. (I have COX internet and called their Help desk and the guy said the same thing, it has to do with the router and issues multiple IP address's from COX 1 IP address to Modem).

I have searched the community board, but can make out anything useful I can understand anyway.

Can someone provide any assistance? Or any direction I need to go?

I've almost just thought about getting new router (this is about 3 years old).

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
poker_run
Aspirant

Re: R7000 not allowing VPN to reach internet

No, to doesn't. I was mislead by someone telling me it was the router, but I bypassed it and still does not work.

i think it's got to be windows 10 or a setting in Internet Options.

i don't have admin rights and it limits me on what I can try.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi poker_run,

If you connect your work laptop direct to the Cox modem, will it work?

Message 2 of 5
poker_run
Aspirant

No, to doesn't. I was mislead by someone telling me it was the router, but I bypassed it and still does not work.

i think it's got to be windows 10 or a setting in Internet Options.

i don't have admin rights and it limits me on what I can try.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi poker_run,

It should not be a problem with your computer since it works with different network. Only with your modem it is not working.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi poker_run,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7