Re: R7000 not broadcasting

Ranman808
Initiate

R7000 not broadcasting

My R7000 is not broadcasting the internet and I can't find the network. I've reset the modem and router and the internet provider told me that the modem is sending out a signal, but I still can't find the network and internet.
Message 1 of 5
Ranman808
Initiate

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model of the ISP modem? Doe it have a built in router? If it does, you need to ask the ISP service to bridge the modem if possible. 

Also you might change the IP address of the NG router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 or .2.1 as the ISP modem maybe using the same .1.1 IP address on this LAN side. 

If the ISP modem can't be bridged, use the modems DMZ for the NG routers IP address it gets from the ISP modem for the WAN side on the NG router.

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CM2000 Modem | Wifi Router RBRE960(v.85) and R8500(v.158) Router Mode | Switches NG GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

@Ranman808 wrote:
My R7000 is not broadcasting the internet and I can't find the network. I've reset the modem and router and the internet provider told me that the modem is sending out a signal, but I still can't find the network and internet.

I'm sort of confused here? What does "the internet provider told me that the modem is sending out a signal," mean?

Does it mean:

1. The ISP assures you that the cable from the modem to the router should provide the Internet to the router?
  2. The ISP is telling you the Modem is sending out the wireless signal?

If #1 I assume before you were hard wired with a Cat5/6 cable to the modem output. If so have you verified that the cable from the modem to the router's WAN port (you should have it connected that way, not into ports 1 - 4) is good by using it to connect to the PC.

If #2, then it doesn't matter what the R7000 is doing probably. What wireless devices are you using and what SSID bands, 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? G or N or AC type?

I also assume once you connected the router you DID properly power sequence the modem and router?

Again, assuming this is a new installation you could have a bad router, a call into NG Support would be in order. If not a new installation, was it working before and if so, what do you change?

Message 4 of 5

@IrvSp wrote:

@Ranman808 wrote:

I'm sort of confused here? What does "the internet provider told me that the modem is sending out a signal," mean?

Me too. When it comes to wifi, the ISP has no idea what goes on at the user's end.

@IrvSp wrote:

I also assume once you connected the router you DID properly power sequence the modem and router?

Here is what Netgear says:

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

The Quick Start explains this. Get a copy here:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Full manual there too.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E