Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 not connecting

Aeons
Aspirant

R7000 not connecting

I've had my R7000 for a little over 2 years, roommate and I just moved, we used to have Time Warner with no problems, now we have Cox and today, a little over a week after moving, our router just stopped working.

I called Cox, connection and everything was good when my computer was plugged directly into their modem, but when the R7000 is connected to the modem, every light is white except for the Internet, it blinks orange.

I have left it unplugged for a half hour, I have factory reset it and now I cannot set up the Genie. Nothing working. Is it already time to replace it?
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Aeons,

Check the firmware version of the router. Make sure to update it and reset after.

https://kb.netgear.com/000038289/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-7-12

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Turn off the modem for a few minutes.  Connect the R7000 to modem, then turn it back on.  

If that still fails, then reset the R7000 to factory settings.  Push and hold the physical reset button for 8 to 10 seconds until all of the lights flash off and on.  Then repeat the above.

Message 2 of 5
Aeons
Aspirant

The factory reset did get it to connect, unfortunately it's slow as molasses again, as before. Plugging directly into the modem my computer was speedtesting around 59 MBPS, now it's around 2 through the router. Unfortunately the company wont help with the router because it's not one of theirs.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Aeons,

Check the firmware version of the router. Make sure to update it and reset after.

https://kb.netgear.com/000038289/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-7-12

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Aeons,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7