Re: R7000 not routing to tve.spectrum.net for Spectrum TV authentication

R7000 not routing to tve.spectrum.net for Spectrum TV authentication

Hi all, I have stumped a half-dozen Spectrum support people, and hope you can help.

When navigating your web browser to a TV station that requires Spectrum authentication to watch live, it will redirect (via adobe) to a webpage at tve.spectrum.net.  For example, www.nbc.com, click on Live, and pick a station to see this - it will ask you to choose your local cable provider, Spectrum in this case.

Any device connected to the Netgear R7000 router, wired or wireless, windows or android, EVERYTHING, will timeout on the redirect to tve.spectrum.net. This just started happening recently out of the blue, it was working previously. However, if I plug a device directly into the cable modem (for example a laptop), the redirect works absolutely fine(!).  The Spectrum cable modem is model E31U2V1.

What could be going on between the router and the cable modem?  I've tried changing router DNS servers, there are no access blocks turned on, fiddled other settings on and off, nothing makes a difference... and like I mentioned everything was working fine until it suddenly wasn't.

Any ideas?

My firmware is V1.0.9.88_10.2.88

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R7000 not routing to tve.spectrum.net for Spectrum TV authentication

We had a good guess to try MTU size.  Using the Netgear recommended "ping test" we manually backed into 1500, which is the standard/default, so no love there.

Anyone?  All ideas welcome!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E