Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 not showing connected devices

song_jemica
Aspirant

R7000 not showing connected devices

Last week I updated my Nighthawk R7000 firmware to V1.0.11.128_10.2.112.

Now it only shows 7 of the 22 devices on my network under “Device Manager” in the app and “Attached Devices” in the web admin interface.

Only a small subset of my 2.4 GHz and hard-wired devices are visible. Many of the 2.4 GHz and none of the 5 GHz devices aren’t there. Both networks are active and Smart Connect is enabled.

However, under “Access Control” in the admin interface, I can see everything, just not the band they’re connected to.

Anybody else experiencing this, or have any ideas as to what’s going on? I’m this close to installing DD-WRT or OpenWRT firmware.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Blackholexplore
Aspirant

Re: R7000 not showing connected devices

Thanks, I did a factory reset and reloaded the firmware. Then manual setup everything. Seems to have solved the issue. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 8 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Anytime theres an issue after a firmware update, I'd start with a factory reset. Maybe an old setting is causing issues. 

Have you tried that? 

Message 2 of 9
garylwe
Initiate

After the firmware update to V1.0.11.128_10.2.112 only 3 devices showed up in the nighthawk app. I logged into the router and under Basic tab clicked Attached Devices and the same 3 devices showed. I went to the Advanced tab, clicked Administration,

Attached Devices and all the 16 devices showed up. I then clicked Security, Access Control and I put a check next to Turn on Access Control and Apply and then all the devices appeared both on the nighthawk app and the basic tab, attached devices. Hope this helps someone....

Message 3 of 9
Bill-D
Apprentice

As a work-around with v128, I simply ignore the “Attached Devices” list because it's unreliable and I only use the “Access Control” list to see which devices are currently connected and currently not connected.  The device names in the "Access Control" list also accurately match the names that I assigned to the devices in the "Address Reservation" list.

Message 4 of 9
song_jemica
Aspirant

It only shows 7 of the 22 devices on my network under “Device Manager” in the app and “Attached Devices” in the web admin interface.

Only a small subset of my 2.4 GHz and hard-wired devices are visible. Many of the 2.4 GHz and none of the 5 GHz devices aren’t there. Both networks are active and Smart Connect is enabled shaglechatspin.

However, under “Access Control” in the admin interface, I can see everything, just not the band they’re connected to.

Yeah, my old setting is creating a problem for me. Btw thanks for the new set up. Its working fine now.

Message 5 of 9
Blackholexplore
Aspirant

Same thing is happening to me. In addition, I lost the radios - nothing could connect and rebooting didn't help. I did a factory reset and reloaded the old configuration. Same issue - very few devices show in the lists, although the radios are now accepting connections. 

Do you know which setting was causing the issue?

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and this time, don't load the backup configuration from file and see if problem still continues. 

@Blackholexplore wrote:

Same thing is happening to me. In addition, I lost the radios - nothing could connect and rebooting didn't help. I did a factory reset and reloaded the old configuration. Same issue - very few devices show in the lists, although the radios are now accepting connections. 

Do you know which setting was causing the issue?

Message 7 of 9
Blackholexplore
Aspirant

Thanks, I did a factory reset and reloaded the firmware. Then manual setup everything. Seems to have solved the issue. Thank you!

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a New back up configuration to file for safe keeping. 
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@Blackholexplore wrote:

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7