Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 not showing or allowing control of all connected devices

Jaragon
Star

R7000 not showing or allowing control of all connected devices

Router will show under access control all devices but on app or login not showing all or allowing control.
Message 1 of 18
plemans
Guru

What firmware version are you on? 

Do they show in the browser access versus you're photo is from the app?

Message 2 of 18
Jaragon
Star

Only under access control.
Message 3 of 18
Jaragon
Star

Message 4 of 18
plemans
Guru

try installing the latest .128 firmware

Message 5 of 18
Jaragon
Star

It tells me no new firmware update
Message 6 of 18
plemans
Guru

Message 7 of 18
Jaragon
Star

I did the update but it is the same version as I am already running.  There are other users having same issues.  It seems as though after last update they are also having trouble. 

Message 8 of 18
plemans
Guru

so you said you're on the .126 firmware and the latest is .128.

Not the same version. 

did you try a factory reset? 

Message 9 of 18
Jaragon
Star

I am on 128 now but still showing only 8.  I have done factory reset as well and still same issue.  

Message 10 of 18
fishsteve
Tutor

i'm having the same issue, wish i had never upgraded firmware, ran years with no issues, now app and router page only displays roughly 8 devices, plus the added feature that intermittently the router will reset to factory defaults and i have to manually reload firmware- just happened again week of christmas with visitors over for the holidays.  wish i knew previous versions of firmware, i would definitely downgrade to have a more realizable router

Message 11 of 18
plemans
Guru

If everything is working as it should other than the attached devices page, I wouldn't worry about it. You can still view the devices in the access control list. 

Otherwise you can always try downgrading the firmware if its bothering you that much. 

Message 12 of 18
Jaragon
Star

It's not working as it should. I used to be able to toggle my kids devices on and off as need be. Now I cannot. Also some devices cannot even connect again because they were toggled off when this happened.
Message 13 of 18
fishsteve
Tutor

What is the last "stable" version of firmware ?  Mine ran for years before I decided to upgrade the firmware, I wish I had captured the version it was running before the upgrade.

Message 14 of 18
plemans
Guru

@Jaragon have you tried downgrading a few versions? Maybe it did introduce an issue. Or try a factory reset and reinstall (not from a backup)?

@fishsteve the version we usually recommend to people having issues with the R7000 is the 1.0.9.42 version. its very out of date but was the most solid/reliable version. But usually before we recommend people downgrade, we recommend a factory reset with a clean install (again not from a backup). Reason why is the R7000's firmware changed so much and sometimes old settings can cause issues. If you do continue to have issues, I recommend starting your own thread so we aren't getting your details mixed up with the OP's. 

Message 15 of 18
Jaragon
Star

I have not tried rolling back only up. I have done factory reset with same issues. I know others on other threads are also frustrated.
Message 16 of 18

@Jaragon wrote:
I used to be able to toggle my kids devices on and off as need be. Now I cannot.

How are you doing this?

Do you have a description for parental controls?

The free version of parental controls relied on a service provided by OpenDNS. They have now terminated the deal.

The latest Nighthawk app no longer supports standard (free) Parental Controls, only the paid for Circle.

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

Reverting to old firmware will do nothing to restore this free OpenDNS service.

For real control of the kids' use of the Internet, you may have to start paying.

Which NETGEAR routers support Circle Smart Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

What are the available service plans when using Circle Smart Parental Controls on my NETGEAR router?...

Message 17 of 18
Jaragon
Star

In the list I was able to turn on and off internet to their devices. It was under devices. I am now only showing 8 devices when there is at least 19 connected as showing under access control. Nothing to do with parental controls.
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7