Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 only 5G randomly cannot access Internet - have to disconnet and connect again

kosacik
Aspirant

R7000 only 5G randomly cannot access Internet - have to disconnet and connect again

Have to post, because noone here seems to have exact issue. 

I have 3 devices, connected to 5g network. Sometimes happens, that i cannot load webpage (on any of these devices), cannot access internet, and cannot access router - ping without response. When this occurs, wireless network seems to be connected by the device (windows 10, or android phone), but when it happens on one device, the other does not work too. Switching to 2,4G, or disconnect and connect again and it  works again. Or i can wait and then, maybe after 30seconds - one minute, i can continue with browsing.

Wifi settings: 1300mhz, channell 44 - no other networks in range, full signal. Currently newest firmware: V1.0.7.10_1.2.3, but it was happening from the beginning. 2,4ghz is working fine and router is reliable, but i cannot work with 5g wifi. Please do not tell me to reset setting and try again, i do not believe it will work!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 only 5G randomly cannot access Internet - have to disconnet and connect again

Try changing channels. I prefer channels 149 and higher.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 only 5G randomly cannot access Internet - have to disconnet and connect again

Try changing channels. I prefer channels 149 and higher.

Message 2 of 3
kosacik
Aspirant

Change channel to 100, or any other higher, solved my issues, now I know, why I did not do it sooner...
It also brought new issues, because my PC could not find network on these channels, because in Europe, these channels are not supported. Had to edit driver file for my Asus pce-ac68 card, reinstall drivers and because of edit, driver is not digitally signed. It did not work for the first time - it is not that easy, so I played with it for about an Hour. Well, this time, spent with issues is us why I don't like to buy cheap HW, but it can also happen with an expensive one, doesnt it, Netgear?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7