Re: R7000 or EX7000 for AP?

Xaltotun
Follower

R7000 or EX7000 for AP?

Hey all,

My Internet Provider gave me a Router that I need to use. It has really shi**y wlan, so I need a good access point. What should I take? The R700 Router or the EX7000 Range extender? I won't need Router or Repeat functions. Just a strong AP with good range. Is there any diffrence at all between the 2 diveces in AP Mode?

ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
netwrks
Master

Xaltotun wrote:
Hey all,

My Internet Provider gave me a Router that I need to use. It has really shi**y wlan, so I need a good access point. What should I take? The R700 Router or the EX7000 Range extender? I won't need Router or Repeat functions. Just a strong AP with good range. Is there any diffrence at all between the 2 diveces in AP Mode?

ThanksSmiley Happy

Although I would really like to try an EX7000, I think I may wait until it is more mature, There is only two Firmware Releases for it. (I'm not saying it has issues..)... I have used two R7000's in router and AP mode, with no issues.

I know for certain, there is a multitude of options for 3rd party firmware for the 7000. Not sure about the EX7000. This is only my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in..
Message 2 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I use both the R7000 and the EX7000 as access points (and three other routers as APs), I have had no issues whatsoever with either, range/throughput is comparable for both.
Wolf_666
Luminary

I use my R7000 as AP, great!
- Modem Draytek Vigor 160
- Router Netgear RAX200 (Stock FW)
- NAS Synology DS1621+
Message 4 of 5
JerseyBiker
Aspirant

Why do you need to use your provider's router? I thought they all have to allow you to use your own equipment if you desire.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E