R7000 pasword

R7000 pasword

Should be easy.  Trying to login to my router using W8.  I'm using 'admin' and the password on the back of the router.  Get a message telling me I'm using th wrong password.  I didn't change it from the OEM password.

Tried to login using the serial number.  I can enter the #, but "Continue" is greyed out.  How do I get the web page to accept the serial #?  BTW, tried entering the serial number in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 pasword

The default admin password is literally password.  The passwords on the back of the router are for the Wi-Fi networks.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply.  If the password is "password," I must have changed it.  No clue what I changed it to.  Tried the standard new password I used on previous routers, but failed. So now, I guess, I'm back to my 2nd question.  How so I get the web page to let me click "Continue" after I fill in the serial #?

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

No idea.  I don't recall ever having to enter any serial number into any web page.

You may be better off resetting the router to factory settings.  Push and hold in the physical reset button on the router for 8 to 10 seconds until all of the lights flash off and on.  Wait a couple of minutes.  Then you should be able to log into using the admin username and password password.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E