Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 problems playing 2 ps4s together same game same party

Trin
Aspirant

R7000 problems playing 2 ps4s together same game same party

Hi

We recently purchased the nighthawk R7000 router running firmware version V1.0.7.2 2.4.24 and bridged our ISPs 2wire gateway router (isp said it was the only way to connect and use a new router) to it and got it set up for all the devices in our home. Now before we bought the nighthawk we had no issues gaming together but with the recent purchase of a minix neo u1 android box we wanted a better smart router. So hubby and I started playing destiny together with some friends and played for under an hour when all of a sudden the ps4 I was using kicked me completely out. I restarted the ps4 and went back in joined up and began playing only to be kicked again. The next time I got on I was unable to join my husband and he was unable to join me. I looked online for solutions and went into the routers settings. I checked and UPNP is already enabled and I reset the QoS settings to factory thinking because I had enabled the QoS to prioritize the two different ports that the ps4s were using that might be the issue. I will also let you know both ps4s are hardwired in and I don't know the speed offhand but we upgraded our internet package to a better service and wirelessley the speed is upload 1.97Mbps and download is 24.76Mbps so wired should be faster than that. So does anyone know what I can do to get the two ps4s to run smoothly playing together on the nighthawk? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Trin
Aspirant

Re: R7000 problems playing 2 ps4s together same game same party

Thanks for your response James. With a little help from netgear support and a little research from me. We figured out our best option was to enable UPnP, enable IPvP now that ps4's support it and to delete any port forwarding rules I had set. Now we can game together and have the kids watching Netflix or streaming media in multiple areas of the house with no problems at all!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Trin,

Reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure the router. 

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Trin
Aspirant

Thanks for your response James. With a little help from netgear support and a little research from me. We figured out our best option was to enable UPnP, enable IPvP now that ps4's support it and to delete any port forwarding rules I had set. Now we can game together and have the kids watching Netflix or streaming media in multiple areas of the house with no problems at all!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7