Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 - "Readyshare" path no longer working after Windows 10 version 1709 update

nerevolution
Tutor

R7000 - "Readyshare" path no longer working after Windows 10 version 1709 update

Ever since my PC updated from Windows 10 version 1703 (Creators Update) to version 1709 (Fall Creators Update), my Readyshare drive will no longer mount if I use the \\readyshare hostname.

After remapping the drive using the IP address of the router (\\192.168.1.1\mysharename), it was working fine again.

It's nothing major, but is there any reason why \\readyshare no longer works in the latest Windows 10 version update?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
nerevolution
Tutor

Re: R7000 - "Readyshare" path no longer working after Windows 10 version 1709 update

Thanks James, but I actually already have it installed. I had seen that post before making this thread, and verified that it is installed.

I'm definitely puzzled, but at least I can still access it using the IP instead.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Kodakwest
Apprentice

I am having a similar issue with my x6

Try going directly to the //readyshare path as it may require you to authenticate
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 7
nerevolution
Tutor

When I try to access \\readyshare, it doesn't even give me the chance to provide credentials. It just throws the error "Windows cannot access \\readyshare -- Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network."

Even when I was trying to map a network drive using the path, and checking the box to provide different credentials, it would give the same error (although it at least prompted for credentials first).

Message 3 of 7
Kodakwest
Apprentice

That's crazy. I've been having intermittent issues with windows 10 all day since my x6 firmware update

Looks like you have access for now. Chalk it up to yet another win10 heisenbug
Message 4 of 7

Works fine here.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Message 6 of 7
nerevolution
Tutor

Thanks James, but I actually already have it installed. I had seen that post before making this thread, and verified that it is installed.

I'm definitely puzzled, but at least I can still access it using the IP instead.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7