R7000: "Router Analytics Data Collection" Options Grayed Out

bitfidelity
Tutor

R7000: "Router Analytics Data Collection" Options Grayed Out

The latest firmware for R7000 introduces analytics collection. Users may find that option under Advanced > Administration > Router Update.

For some reason, the text description and radio buttons for "Router Analytics Data Collection" and "Router Auto Firmware Update" are grayed out (suggesting they are inactive) even though they are clickable. Was this just an oversight, or is it possible they are not working properly?

Message 1 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000: "Router Analytics Data Collection" Options Grayed Out

Is your R7000 in Access Point (AP) mode?  It's possible that Router Analytics are disabled in that mode.

Message 2 of 6
bitfidelity
Tutor

It is not.

The options I mentioned aren't actually disabled, since the radio buttons are clickable. I am just second-guessing whether the options are actually working due to the fact that the buttons and text are gray.

Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Message 4 of 6
GerJ
Aspirant

Lucky you, since at least you get the radio buttons. I get no buttons at all, so no opt-out choice. Firmware V1.0.7.12_1.2.5, Dutch language.

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@bitfidelity It is working. I will go ahead and forward that comment to our engineers. 

@GerJ The Router Analytics is only available if you have firmware 1.0.8.34. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-R7000-Updated-to-Firmware-Version-...

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements