Re: R7000 random disconnects - worst with Wifi

gdebelle
Tutor

R7000 random disconnects - worst with Wifi

Good day,

I bought a AC1900 R7000 nighthawk a few days back. Initially, no problem, worked fine. For the past 48 hours, it seems to be behaving erratically. I keep on losing internet connection on my computer, and it seems worse when I have it in Wireless rather than in Wired. I upgraded the firmware to the latest revision from the website 1.0.9.32 but it keeps on doing it.

I have a network drive plugged along with an android tv box (always off since I acquired the router), two phones and my computer. It seems to be doing it only for the computer, especially when playing online. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
bascaves
Apprentice

Helllo,

Welcome to the world of great Netgear HW running unreliable software. Check the board for the many software issues Nighthawks and the famous R7000 experienced over the last years. Every upgrade is a lottery on what happens.

Message 2 of 5
gdebelle
Tutor

Hello, after reading the forums, i understand this issue is both well known and well unresolved. I am seriously considering returning the product today and buy from another company as i am moving in two days and playing Stacraft2 is the only thing keeping me sane here😁. Any help from a netgear personnel of the matter?
Message 3 of 5
bascaves
Apprentice

Hello,

If you still get a refund I would go for it. I invested in 3 R7000 (also as AP's) a while ago. Hence I have sticked with that serious investment at the time.  Initially things works, but with later software needed to fix some security bugs issues started. Find other posts by me. I am now on V1.0.9.28_10.2.32. with only the most basic features. I use an old Linksys E3000 (DD-WRT) to provide my guest network. That shows how much faith I have in Nighthawk software.  Sofar this setup runs stable on both 5G and 2.4G wifi.  I don't upgrade blind anymore, I unfortunate let others try first 😉 Oh yeah,  turn off auto update, this is a deathly feature 🙂

I picked up that 1.0.9.32_10.2.34 had Wifi issues again. So I halt here till an next release or an other confirmed resolution is available.

It also remains amazing that 3rd party opensource software written by mostly enthousasts is more reliable then from professional coders at Netgear. And for Netgear Support that is a long wait an a lot of gods you need to call upon. 

So run away as long as you can.

Bas.

Message 4 of 5
gdebelle
Tutor

Hi,

I am honestly gonna lose my temper. This junk now does not even allow me to map my mybooklive public drive from my computer (all my son's pictures are on it), while my 30$ 5 yrs old ASUS RTN12 did.

If I cant find a solution by tomorrow morning, I'll return this lousy piece of hardware, it is beyond ridiculous.

All help is appreciated.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E