Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 reboot router in bridged mode

klimenta
Follower

R7000 reboot router in bridged mode

I have two R7000 routers, same firmware V1.0.4.30_1.1.67.

While I can easily reboot the first one from the menus (Advanced, Administration, Router Status, Reboot button), the second one which is in a bridged mode, lacks this. Instead there is basic info about the bridges.

A workaround is to disable the bridge mode, reboot, then configure the bridge mode, but this is too much. A reboot should be a basic option.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
cancon1
Star

Re: R7000 reboot router in bridged mode

I also use an R7000 in bridge mode and there are numerous basic settings that you lose access to from the web interface (e.g. reboot button, changing the time zone, setting up log e-mails).  Your options for rebooting the R7000 in bridge mode are: 1) Use the on/off button, 2) Use the Netgear Genie mobile app, 3) Use the Netgear Genie Windows app.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
cancon1
Star

I also use an R7000 in bridge mode and there are numerous basic settings that you lose access to from the web interface (e.g. reboot button, changing the time zone, setting up log e-mails).  Your options for rebooting the R7000 in bridge mode are: 1) Use the on/off button, 2) Use the Netgear Genie mobile app, 3) Use the Netgear Genie Windows app.

Message 2 of 7
mondenath
Prodigy

HI Guys,

Can you tell how fast the wireless speed as both were using in bridge mode. AC speed actual practical In MB/s i heard this router topped Smallnet builder and bought one but i could get best wifi speed but not satifiying transfer speed for local transfer as they do in single digit MB's i want double digit maximum for easy copy and backup.

Can you please post the snaps on connectivity part and how to setup both in bridge. I do saw that bridge mode but will the send router in bridge will obviously loose wifi then how come its feasible to reboot via genie.

Does both router can have readynas enabled. Can both be registered to readyshare online cloud services. can both be accessible via remote access.

Message 3 of 7
cancon1
Star

I am making the assumption that you have two R7000’s, one setup as a router and the other as a bridge. The “wireless speed” you achieve depends greatly on numerous factors but the main factors will be the distance between the two devices and what is in between them (e.g. drywall, concrete, metal, wood, etc.). Since these factors will vary from one person to the next, I can only give you numbers based on my experience but it should give you an idea what to expect.

I have a smaller house (approx. 1300 sq. ft.) with basic construction materials used inside (wood framing, drywall, etc.). My R7000 router is located in the basement near my cable modem and my R7000 bridge is located in a room on the second floor. I consistently show a link rate between the two devices of 702 Mbps (87.75 MB/s). Refer to this Netgear article for an explanation of link rate vs transfer speed (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19668/~/link-rate-and-transfer-speed). When transferring files from a computer connected to the R7000 bridge to a hard drive connected to the R7000 router, I consistently achieve data transfer rates of 25-28 MB/s (200-224 Mbps). For larger files, using FTP (I prefer to use an FTP client such as FileZilla) will give you noticeably faster transfer speeds. If you are transferring files between a device connected wirelessly to the R7000 router and a device connected to the R7000 bridge, then the speeds will be lower than the setup I discussed above. You now have to factor in the wireless capabilities of the connected device (is it wireless N150?, 300?, wireless AC?, what is the signal strength? …).  As an example, in my specific case, I can still get 10-12 MB/s transfer rate with my iPad on the 5GHz wireless band (downloading a file from a NAS connected to the R7000 bridge).

The next question you had is how to reboot using Genie when you lose wireless access to the bridge. Think of the bridge as being connected to the router with a cable. It is still on the same network with its own IP address. So when you log into Genie, there is an option to “Enter router’s IP address manually”. Select this option and enter the IP address of the device (router or bridge) you want to access. If you enter the bridge’s IP address you will be able to access its settings including the reboot option.

While I do not use ReadyShare with my bridge, the ReadyShare tab and settings are available in bridge mode so I would believe you should be able to use it (in addition to using it on the router).

Refer to this Netgear article for bridge setup instructions (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24105).

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
mondenath
Prodigy

Hi Cancon1

Thanks for the quick reply and perfect clarification.

My setup as below.

I am in a 1095 sq ft home with router is Master bedroom and Bridge i am abt to setup in my other 2nd bedroom. Both are seperated by a concrete wall and wardrobe wooden. With my Netgeard WNDA4100 i used to get say 3-4 bars in n 2.4 and 2-3 bars in 5g N. Being N 5g is weak in adaptor will it be same for 2nd R7000 as well. As it will weeken the link rate.

But i presume if i am getting say 1gb line i can easily get 500Mb/s ie 50-60MB/s transfer rates right.

May i know in bridge mode what all functionalities is lost when compared to router mode.

Message 5 of 7
mondenath
Prodigy

I am trying to understand what if in wireless repeater if enabled will i get better than 200Mb/s when connected wired as its not limited to client as client here is another r7000.

What the best rate when extending ac 1300 and can wired devices also gets the same acces like wireless

Message 6 of 7
mondenath
Prodigy

Hi

Another way to reboot the router simple go to bridge mode and no change click on apply it will reboot. Just few more clicks than normal.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7