Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 rebooting daily

Axaao
Aspirant

R7000 rebooting daily

I am having to reboot the router every 24 hours for past few days. I was on 1.0.5.70 when the problem started.  I have updated to the latest firmare V1.0.7.2_1.1.93 but that hasn't solved the problem.

I had the router for more than year, and it used to be pretty stable.  There are a lot of people in my house (around 20 connected devices) but that was always the same. There are no USB sotrage devices connected the router.

I added  wifi extender last month, but that should have not changed anytrhing, as all the setting on the router are the same. 

Is it time to buy a new router? Any recommendation? 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7000 rebooting daily

Hi Axaao,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Axaao,

Try resetting the router to factory default and manually reconfigure it.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Axaao,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Axaao
Aspirant

I simply switch to Asus Merlin firmware before your response and it's been perfectly stable since then. No problems. I never tried factory reset. As of now, I don't have a need to go back to stock firmware or do anything else, as not only the router is stable, but wifi performance (5G) is just as good if not better as stock firmware.. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7