Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 reboots every 2 hours

kaliinva
Guide

R7000 reboots every 2 hours

My R7000 reboots randomly every few hours. I am unsure if this is a hardware or firmware issue.  I have completed the reboot and reload multiple times but it keeps coming back randomly.  The router is only a few months old.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
kaliinva
Guide

Re: R7000 reboots every 2 hours

Been going strong for the week.  Looks like this may be the best resolution. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. try installing firmware version 1.0.9.42, factory reset it and manually re-install it

Message 2 of 10
kaliinva
Guide

Worked for 5 hours then rebooted again.  Suggestions?

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

If its only a couple months old, I'd start an rma with netgear. Here's why

1. your on the most stable version of the firmware

2. you could check for hardware fixes but it might void your warranty. 

Message 4 of 10
Trojanbronco
Aspirant

Any update on your situation?  I'm having the same issue.  Usually only happens at night when my kid is on his xbox and i'm streaming on netflix.

Message 5 of 10
kaliinva
Guide

I reflashed back to FW 42 but it is still doing it. I am going to attempt fresh tomato and see if it helps...

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

let us know how it goes

Message 7 of 10
kaliinva
Guide

So far 24 hours with the new Fresh tomato firmware and going... crossing my fingers...

Message 8 of 10
kaliinva
Guide

So I am now on my second day with fresh tomato and It has been stable (so far). A couple of things. I am a software novice so this was not simple.  Flashing the software was not difficult but I blew out the username of my router in the process. No combination of username and password would work when prompted by the router (and I tried them all... trust me). After the firmware flash, I had two networks (one for 2.4 and one for 5.0) but both were unsecured an open.  Upon attempt to secure them I realized what I did.  I have acces to some pretty sharp software engineers so one helped me backdoor the router.  I found that you could only backdoor using ssh.  After finding that the firmware flash essentially cleared the username (the password was in fact admin), I was able to reset the username and password and then set up the security and rename my networks.  A bit of pain but if this restores the router I am satisfied. I also learned a lot in the process.  

Message 9 of 10
kaliinva
Guide

Been going strong for the week.  Looks like this may be the best resolution. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7