Re: R7000 reporting no new firmware available, but Netgear support website has newer version

Markee
Tutor

R7000 reporting no new firmware available, but Netgear support website has newer version

My R7000 is reporting it has firmware version V1.0.9.88_10.0.88 when I click check for new firmware in both the web GUI and the iOS Nighthawk app, it reports there is no new firmware avalable.

When I go to the Netgear Support website and put in the model number R7000, it offers me firmware version V1.0.11.106_10.2.100 (which looks to be a newer version?) to download.

Has anyone else found this? Why would the device report no new firmware when there is?

Thank you.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: R7000 reporting no new firmware available, but Netgear support website has newer version

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3
Markee
Tutor

Thanks for taking the trouble to post, I know how to update the firmware, I’ve done it before.

My question was asking why the check for firmware facility in the webui and the Nighthawk app is reporting there’s no new firmware when there clearly is?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E