R7000 router in acess point mode keeps shutting off the internet (wireless and lan) intermittently

McSkillz21
Aspirant

R7000 router in acess point mode keeps shutting off the internet (wireless and lan) intermittently

So I have a r7000 router that I've set up as an access point to extend my home wifi and allow me to connect my xbox via ethernet. My c7000 modem/router all-in-one is in the basement and I've wired and up and ethernet and coaxial port from the basement to the first floor to connect the c7000 to the r7000 via hardwire. Recently my r7000 has started to turn off the internet intermittently for about 20 seconds, oddly it seems to happen when I start a round of apex (not sure if that could impact the router?) If this is already solved/on another thread please let me know I couldnt find anything describing the same problem I'm having but I'm admittedly not the best at searching this sight.

P.s. i also recently updated the firmware on the router, after I started having problems I opened up the router menu and noticed an update was available but the update was installed after I started having the problems. Please help
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
microchip8
Master

Re: R7000 router in acess point mode keeps shutting off the internet (wireless and lan) intermittent

Roll back to a previous firmware where it used to work with no problems. The last few firmware releases for the R7000 have been very problematic for many. Also, if possible, disable auto-update of firmware. This option shouldn't even be available on NETGEAR routers given their unreliable firmware

Routing: NETGEAR RAX43 - Firmware: v1.0.11.112 (1 Gbps down, 50 Mbps up)
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400, 20 TB
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E