Aspirant

R7000 says "No new firmware version available"

I keep receiving notices, both by email and inside the router management page, that there is a new firmware upgrade.  But when I click the notification on the router management page, the router attempts to connect to the Netgear server several times and then says "No update available".  I know I have a good internet connection.  My current firmware version is quite old - V1.0.5.48_1.1.79 - could this be the problem?

Message 1 of 7
Master

Re: R7000 says "No new firmware version available"

How about doing to the download site and downloading the new firmware and installing manually or doesn't  the download site list a new firmware version? 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 7
Aspirant

That's my plan, but I'd prefer to dig a bit deeper first to uncover any hidden gotchas.  For example, are some R7000's too old at the hardware level to take the latest firmware?

Message 3 of 7
Guide

Hi,

I have the same problem with my firmware v1.0.7.6.

It says "a new version is available" but after clicking "there is no new version available" !?

I think the Netgear server is not working properly, at least with these firmware versions.

Is there a Netgear support engineer capable to answer ?

Thanks,

● Netgear R7000 (Root Router)
● TP-Link Archer C7 v2 (WDS Bridge)

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
Master

@ko4xl wrote:

That's my plan, but I'd prefer to dig a bit deeper first to uncover any hidden gotchas.  For example, are some R7000's too old at the hardware level to take the latest firmware?

I'd say if anything it could be the INSTALLED firmware issue. However, this seems to happen quite often, says new firmware is available but it can't find it. Also happens when there is an announce of new firmware but the router can't find it. Only reliable way to get it is to go to the SUPPORT part of the site, enter your router info and then d/l from there.

There could be another reason, country for the router. All firmware usually is for the US, and it is possible due to some firmware bugs it will not see it if your router is not set to North America, even though it would work on your router, just a guess...

Message 5 of 7
Aspirant

It's a US model - purchased at OfficeMax in south Florida.

Message 6 of 7
Master

@ko4xl wrote:

It's a US model - purchased at OfficeMax in south Florida.

Just go to Support, enter R7000, select that line and hit enter. Then the DOWNLOADS, download latest, unzip and then install from where you unzipped it to via the Browse button and Apply. Should work.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements