Highlighted
Follower

R7000 set up through Surfboard as gateway

Hi all,

I have an R7000 connected to my Moto Surfboard 6580, with the Moto configured as a gateway only (meaning the R7000 connects directly out and pulls a public IP to nat). This has been working fine for a couple of months, but as of this morning, the R7000 is no longer able to pull an IP address from my ISP.
Some pertinent facts:

- Updated to latest firmware (V1.0.3.56_1.1.25) with no change (thanks for not letting me save my settings, netgear)

- Currently have 2 other devices connected in similar fashion, and pulling public IP's

- Tried simple release/renew first, then reboot, then firmware flash. Now I'm here.

Anyone else experienced this? I have seen a ton of stuff on the 6580 and its woes, but it does not seem to be the issue in this case for once.
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: R7000 set up through Surfboard as gateway

I had that modem, now have the SB 6421, but I've always had to do a 'orderly' power on, SB first, wait for all the lights to come on, then the Router, and lastly my devices.

Never had a problem that way.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Greetings, Who is the ISP?? Without knowing this.. I suggest... Log into Routers GUI > Advanced Tab > Set Up > Internet Set Up > Router MAC Address (at bottom of configuration page) > Change radio button to Use This MAC address > Apply > Test.... Report the results please.
~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.64 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.84

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Also try by reset the Motorola modem. Sometime that helps out
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]