R7000 slow download speeds

jjwilh
Aspirant

R7000 slow download speeds

I cannot get over 1 mb of download speed. I tried calling to get a rma on this router but they would not help me without charging $140 for their services. I down graded firmware to V1.0.5.70_1.1.91 were I had good download speeds at 50mb where i should be. It took a while to figure out the Qos settings but it was good then. Now i cannot get my speeds back. I've changed channels on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz but still no luck. Is there any good fix to this? I've went as far as making sure there is only one thing on the network but it still is doing the same thing.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: R7000 slow download speeds

Did you try starting the RMA with an email instead of phone support?

Message 2 of 4
jjwilh
Aspirant

I tried through the my netgear account but it made me call in. I have emailed them and they did reply back now but nothing more than i already tried.

Message 3 of 4

Their phone support is horrid.  If email support doesn't give you the RMA call back and explain to the rep you're still under the hardware warranty period and don't want phone support; all you want is an RMA number so that you can return the defective item and get a new one per the terms of your warranty.  Be insistant and ask to speak to a manager if needed.  Their phone support is why I'll never buy another Netgear product.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E