Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 slow wired speeds

Memoli
Initiate

R7000 slow wired speeds

I’m running an R7000 wired to an att router/modem. The modem is showing speeds of 1020, while the Netgear is showing speed of 350. No other wired devices. Firmware is 1.0.11.100 (update says this is the latest). Any idea what could cause the slowdown?
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 slow wired speeds

1. .110 isn't up to day. the latest right now is .130

2. How are you testing speeds? Wired? Wireless? What device? what website/app are you using to test on? 

3. is the att device in passthrough mode? or the netgear in access point mode? otherwise you're in a double nat

Message 2 of 4
Memoli
Initiate

Hi @plemens;
1) attempting to update the firmware from within the Netgear app is unsuccessful; it says it’s up to date.
2) Speed test is being done from inside the Netgear app, so it should be just testing the wired connection of the Netgear router to the ATT modem/router
3) I didn’t consider this and that’s probably a problem, but that should be slowing down everything else on the network not the Netgear to ATT connection, correct?
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Memoli wrote:
Hi @plemens;
1) attempting to update the firmware from within the Netgear app is unsuccessful; it says it’s up to date.---you can manually update it. 
https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router
2) Speed test is being done from inside the Netgear app, so it should be just testing the wired connection of the Netgear router to the ATT modem/router---the built in speedtest doesn't always pick the best server. try hardwiring a pc/laptop into the router and testing that route. 
3) I didn’t consider this and that’s probably a problem, but that should be slowing down everything else on the network not the Netgear to ATT connection, correct?---no. it depends on what att has setup for QoS. that's why its good to have it properly setup. And I've even seen some of att's routers that didn't have properly functioning passthrough mode. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7